Alumunum Powerbook Owners poll

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    My laptop is a 15" 1.25GHz model.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    While my newly-repaired PowerBook's new screen is perfect, it did come back with the dreaded latch issue.

Luckily, compared to the spots issue, it is easily remidied.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    I had meant to make it a 15.2 only poll, but i was afraid that the sample size would be to small. To the poster who said this poll was un scientific, Why i am insulted how dare you! I meant it to be pseudo-scientific. Seriously, I think most people who go to this forum are going to go over their machines very critically. I know i did mine. The problems we are talking about are common to other laptops as well. My TiBook 667(dvi) had the dreaded white spot after about 6 months Apple took good care of me when that happend. I wouldn't read more into the poll other than the the are some problems to keep an eye out for .
  • Reply 24 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by mac's girl

i also wonder if the majority of the people saying they have no problems are not owners of the alu 15".

My 15-inch SuperDrive AlBook has none of the flaws noted by some others. My only complaint with it is that battery life is not as good as my old Titanium, but that's not a manufacturing issue. Ordered the day after the keynote and delivered less than a week later.