Bonjour, Fellowship in Paris France!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Bonjour! I just got back from a beautiful city filled with charm and culture with room to spare, Paris France.

I flew in first class to Charles De Gaulle Airport and when I got off the plane the "First Class" nature of the trip had only started.

Paris is truly a city of treasure and home to some of the world's finest people I have ever met. I was able to visit the Invalides Military Museum, the museum des arts et metiers, and did I mention the Louvre??? Also the Eiffel Tower and the shops at Champs-Elysees. Also I visited the Notre-Dame Cathedral which was breath taking. I can't tell you what a wonderful time I had and how overtaken I was with the trip to Paris. The people of Paris have a spirit about them that touches my heart. The city buzzes with activity and social wealth which will change a person forever.

If you have not been and ever have the chance to go to Paris... Go!

Please enjoy the photos I took while in Paris:

I took 278 photos but for sake of time I have reduced the number hosted on my homepage.

Paris France 1

Paris France 2

Paris France 3

Fellowship

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    vargasvargas Posts: 426member
    Nice pics
  • Reply 2 of 40
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Fellowship-do you speak French?

If you don't I wondered how much it hindered someone there.

Jeff
  • Reply 3 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

Fellowship-do you speak French?

If you don't I wondered how much it hindered someone there.

Jeff

I know zero French and I had not one bit of trouble. So many in Paris speak English and they are more than willing to help visitors.

Fellowship
  • Reply 4 of 40
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Eep, break out the iPhoto magic wand!
  • Reply 5 of 40
    oh the jealousy...
  • Reply 6 of 40
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    You mean, you mean, the French are not american hating commie liberal bastards????? but but but Rush and Fox say they are!!

So **** the French!!!! Gimme Freedom Fries any time baby!!!

Yeah, Paris is one hell of a city and the French are not what a lot of confused idiots say they are. I'm happy to have a few French friends. Great pics by the way.
  • Reply 7 of 40
    shhhh... my wife loves Paris... I can't afford that right now, 'cause I'm saving for a digital camera. Priorities.

I only know a few words of French (from Pepe Le Pew cartoons, natch). Not knowing French didn't seem like a hindrance, but I certainly wish I could have spoken natively with the people.

Sounds like you've seen a lot. Hope you took the Metro once in a while, or you're probably needing a new pair of shoes right about now.

My photo contribution:

• Reply 8 of 40
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Sigh.........................Good luck to you Fellows..

I am sure you earned it..

Have fun...

BTW...Please please please..

( on bended Kneez ) .....

Visit as many art galleries as you can.....

See Monet... if nothing else....You will not regret it.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

I think the French are really helpful to anyone - I've lost count of the times people have helped us with a stroller on the Metro, even giving us a lift without us when we were walking in out of the way areas. This is a daily occurrence.

I just can't understand the people whoo say the French are rude or arrogant. Direct maybe but they are among the kindest people I know.

I have heard the generalizations about the French people as being rude and after my trip to Paris I can safely say "Nonsense". The many people I came in contact with were not only helpful but they went out of their way to be friendly. I have a deep respect for the French people.

Quote:

Anyway, glad you enjoyed your trip Fellowship - what was the highlight ?

Btw - you picked a good time, it's getting much colder now !

The weather was just perfect. So very nice

I had a great time!

Fellowship
  • Reply 10 of 40
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I am happy to hear that you had a great time. It' s a long time since i do not take the time to visit Paris. Usually i just go there for work : my annual congress, and it's less fun.

I will simply said that i am not surprised that you have good relationships there, not because Paris people are very special, but simply because you recieve what you give, and i know that you have encountered people with kindness.
  • Reply 11 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

I am happy to hear that you had a great time. It' s a long time since i do not take the time to visit Paris. Usually i just go there for work : my annual congress, and it's less fun.

I will simply said that i am not surprised that you have good relationships there, not because Paris people are very special, but simply because you recieve what you give, and i know that you have encountered people with kindness.

Powerdoc you are very kind

Fellows
  • Reply 12 of 40
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Powerdoc you are very kind

Fellows

You are too fellowship! (now where's that kissing smilie).

Anyhow, you should've told me you were coming to Paris. I might even have considered coming down there to meet you (assuming, of course, you'd be interested in meeting). All this Paris talk makes me feel kind of jaded, the city being at less than three hours drive from where I'm typing this. (Isn't it, Dyslexic Manipulator ?).
  • Reply 13 of 40
    Good stuffs Fellowship.

However, you went to France and didn't go down to the Alps? Mont Blanc?
  • Reply 14 of 40
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

See Monet... if nothing else....You will not regret it.

Aren't most of the *big* (both in scale and fame) Monet paintings either in England or America?

Cheers

Scott
  • Reply 15 of 40
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Glad that you had a nice trip. Incidentally, what brought you to Paris?. Did you just decide to get up and go on a vacation vacation there?
  • Reply 16 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Chinney

Glad that you had a nice trip. Incidentally, what brought you to Paris?. Did you just decide to get up and go on a vacation vacation there?

I have always wanted to see Paris so me and a friend went. We really did not plan it out and it was great that way. I would recommend Paris France to all who have not been.

Fellowship
  • Reply 17 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

You are too fellowship! (now where's that kissing smilie).

Anyhow, you should've told me you were coming to Paris. I might even have considered coming down there to meet you (assuming, of course, you'd be interested in meeting). All this Paris talk makes me feel kind of jaded, the city being at less than three hours drive from where I'm typing this. (Isn't it, Dyslexic Manipulator ?).

Next time I am in Paris I will let you know. I will be back

Fellowship
  • Reply 18 of 40
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

I know zero French and I had not one bit of trouble. So many in Paris speak English and they are more than willing to help visitors.

Fellowship

Thanks, F'ship, that's good to know-I've been tossing the idea of saving up for a European trip of some sort-although my occasional outings in Minneapolis and Chicago are culture shock to my hick sensibilities!

Jeff
  • Reply 19 of 40
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I found Paris to be okay. I didn't think the people there were all that great. Holland was much better and the people are great.
  • Reply 20 of 40
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Aren't most of the *big* (both in scale and fame) Monet paintings either in England or America?

Cheers

Scott

No. Monet's monumental " lilies" are in France...housed in their own museum...Forget how it is spelled..but it's called "geverney " or something similar.