Microsoft needs .Net for Mac

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by lundy

How much do you want to pay? I've got a copy for sale.

I appreciate the offer, but I haven't yet purchased my Mac. So thats sort of putting the horse before the carriage.
  • Reply 42 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

OK, here it says that WebObjects uses swing to implement its client application guis:

http://developer.apple.com/documenta...iew/index.html

But it looks kick-a**... It claims to deploy to virtually any J2EE server or the WebObjects J2SE application server.. Very cool. They want $699 for it, though!!! I know, I shouldn't be so cheap....

When NeXT introduced WebObjects for NeXTStep and OpenStep OS they were asking $25,000 for a site license. My company negotiated a "deal" becase NeXT was interested in getting into our market. Apple did us all a favor when they acquired NeXT and its technologies. Because of this, we now have OSX and WebObjects for $699... life is good!
  • Reply 43 of 43
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacGolfer

When NeXT introduced WebObjects for NeXTStep and OpenStep OS they were asking $25,000 for a site license. My company negotiated a "deal" becase NeXT was interested in getting into our market. Apple did us all a favor when they acquired NeXT and its technologies. Because of this, we now have OSX and WebObjects for $699... life is good!

So have you developed using WebObjects? How does it compare to other J2EE dev environments?