ebay rage

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    That man deserves a Congressional Medal of Homer..

Or is it Trumptman..in disguise...8)

This is the sort of thing he loves to blare about..but so far no postings.

Fess up..?

• Reply 22 of 29
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    I agree with some previous posters and I think this guy knew exactly what he was doing. Feigning, ignorance, etc, believing it removes him from any obligation to the buyer.

Something seems suspicious about his wife leaving one box of beanie babies, apparently a very big hobby of hers. It is unlikely that she had more than a couple of boxes anyhow. Maybe I just do not trust folks.

Also, if he thought they were real, he would probably go to the trouble of checking into their value. I mean, anybody, even Mr. Too Cool to Collect Beanies, knows that it is possible some of his toys have high values.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    the only part that makes me wonder is his beer certificates he's selling.

i would think that if someone went out of their way to scam folks they would try and keep quiet about it later on.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    LMFAO!

Ow my sides... owwwww.

That is the funniest damn thing I've seen all week, and I've seen some good ones. What would be great is if he took the most popular one / one most claimed as a "fake", lynch it and then post a picture on the auction page. Maybe he should go buy a Ryobi Power Drill and gouge a couple of their eye-balls out and post pictures of that.

As far as his intentions, did anyone stop to think his wife forgot them / took the wrong box, and said box is sitting in her basement waiting to be unpacked? Even if he is feigning ignorance, I love it. I hope they're all fake and that he rakes in the Tool Time cash, and never gets caught... these freaking Beanie retards amaze me. I am envious I didn't think of it first. I could've auctioned my nephews' Beanies from a few years back, though I'm sure they're no longer in "prime" condition.

Oh, this guy definitely deserves a cold brew and his orbital sander. Hot chic optional.

• Reply 25 of 29
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    The dude might be screwing over his wife too. She keeps asking for them back and he's selling them off online. People do that to each other when having marital problems.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    No doubt. He probably DID know nothing about them, then she -- not wanting to go back over to his place -- asks him to send them / bring them to her new place because "they're important". Lightbulbs go off, a friend recommends E-Bay, and we enjoy the rest.

• Reply 27 of 29
    The guy is from west palm beach. . . If that's the case his story seems to have great credibility.

"Young, trophy wife. . . in the parlance of our times. . . " Then she decides to dump him and take some of the loot. I would be pissed off too.

It seems realistic enough for me.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    I hope that this hero of modern times is able to go on a shopping spree that would make Al Boreland blush.

• Reply 29 of 29
    argentoargento Posts: 483member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

The guy is from west palm beach. . . If that's the case his story seems to have great credibility.

"Young, trophy wife. . . in the parlance of our times. . . " Then she decides to dump him and take some of the loot. I would be pissed off too.

It seems realistic enough for me.

A Big Lebowski Line!!!! I'm in love with you spline....