nVidia GeForce 4 (NV25)

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    Haha.

Now there is info on the R300 coming out January/Febuary too!

Can't complain about the graphics card technologies not progressing.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by SameOldSht:

<strong>

"before you descide" . </strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, learn to spell simple words first.

Coming to MacAddict's rescue... one post at a time.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    *smack* *smack* *smack*

Ahh I can't keep up!

• Reply 24 of 35
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>Here are a few specs:

GeForce4 Ti 1000: This is the fastest graphics cards built on GeForce4 chip working at about 300MHz frequency. The card will have AGP 8x interface and 128MB DDR SDRAM memory working at 700MHz.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

AGP 8x? Wonder where you'd stick that one in...

(plus I guess it would be as an important step speed-wise as ATA133 was

Also, shouldn't that be "working at 350MHz"? (700MHz sure would be nice, though

Bye,

RazzFazz
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Wouldnt it be twice the bus speed because its DDR?

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: dartblazer ]</p>
  • Reply 26 of 35
    programmerprogrammer Posts: 3,458member
    The nv25 is the chip in the XBox, and from what I've been told its not the geForce4. More like the geForce3.5 -- if it ever shows up as a PC/Mac product at all. No, the next generation graphics chip is what to hold out for (nv30), and the leap forward there will be in functionality not poly rate or pixel rate. These cards will do a lot more calculations per poly and per pixel, rather than doing significantly more polys and pixels. This was true of the geForce3 as well, but on the Mac at least we haven't seen the functionality made available yet (or so I've been told).
  • Reply 27 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by dartblazer:

<strong>Wouldnt it be twice the bus speed because its DDR?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope, the clock speed stays the same, you just get to use both the rising and the falling edge of the signal to transmit data on. This effectively doubles your throughput (MB/s), but leaves your clock speed (MHz) untouched.

Bye,

RazzFazz
  • Reply 28 of 35
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Programmer:

<strong>The nv25 is the chip in the XBox, and from what I've been told its not the geForce4. More like the geForce3.5 -- if it ever shows up as a PC/Mac product at all. No, the next generation graphics chip is what to hold out for (nv30), and the leap forward there will be in functionality not poly rate or pixel rate. These cards will do a lot more calculations per poly and per pixel, rather than doing significantly more polys and pixels. This was true of the geForce3 as well, but on the Mac at least we haven't seen the functionality made available yet (or so I've been told).</strong><hr></blockquote>

i have read one year ago, that when a graphic card will reach 100 millions polygones per sec , the result will enter in the virtual reality. Actually a geforce 3 500 TI reach this limit, but we don't see virtual reality yet. Perhaps there is some works to do with the T&L engine, to reach virtual reality.
  • Reply 29 of 35
    *bump*

<a href="http://users.pandora.be/threatlockz/geforce4.htm"; target="_blank">http://users.pandora.be/threatlockz/geforce4.htm</a>;

Pics of the GeForce 4 logos.

Hmm....all over the web they are saying nVidia is set to launch in Febuary. Could it be possible that a G5 & GeForce 4 combo are the reason the new PowerMacs didnt arrive?

Imagine.......Apple first with GeForce 4s on the new PowerMac G5

*drools*......
  • Reply 30 of 35
    Febuary 5th special event look for new PowerMacs.
  • Reply 31 of 35
    x704x704 Posts: 276member
    [quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:

<strong>Febuary 5th special event look for new PowerMacs.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Who's event is on the 5th? Nvida or Apple?
  • Reply 32 of 35
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
  • Reply 33 of 35
    cindercinder Posts: 381member
    I wouldn't necessarily say a couple decades . . .

How long does it take to render a full frame from the Final Fantasy movie?

Granted, those numbers will stay the same as we create more complex software - but FF as it is - was pretty damn close to almost perfect VR

(texture and motion-wise - nevermind the characters all were shoddily modeled plasticky junk - that's human error.)
  • Reply 34 of 35
    [quote]Originally posted by cinder:

<strong>I wouldn't necessarily say a couple decades . . .

How long does it take to render a full frame from the Final Fantasy movie?

Granted, those numbers will stay the same as we create more complex software - but FF as it is - was pretty damn close to almost perfect VR

(texture and motion-wise - nevermind the characters all were shoddily modeled plasticky junk - that's human error.)</strong><hr></blockquote>

I hope your idea of virtual reality isn't as lame as that movie. Or any movie for that matter -- panning at 24 fps gives me a headache.

True virtual reality (think StarTrek HoloDeck quality visuals and audio) is a long long way off... but we'll get there one step at a time, and each step will be awe inspiring.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    I think that one of the coolest implications of a spawning massive VR world(like star trek holo deck) would be games like rogue spear, or ghost recon or delta force land warrior ya know? realistic strategy first person shooter games, put to new level by actually being in the environment, that would be nutty cool, I doubt I'll live to see the day though, and even if I did I'd probably be too old to care