Did Steve forget to tell us something?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    What if you LOOK 18 or older?
  • Reply 22 of 31
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    I agree with apple it is all about appearance, they don't want people to think "kids" are selling their hardware.

I applied for a job at a local Computer City after helping my friend buy a mac there. The sales person who helped us didn't know squat about macs, and after seeing my knowledge he told me to apply. I spoke to the manager and he said come by tomorrow with a resume. I did and i filled out the application. Then i didn't hear from them for almost a month...as it turns out that store went out of business just weeks after i applied. Very annoying, it definitely could have been my dream job. O well, now i teach little kids how to swim...(yse i know that has nothing to do with the rest of the story)
  • Reply 23 of 31
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Macintosh:

<strong>What if you LOOK 18 or older? </strong><hr></blockquote>

one would think that would help, but it doesn't.

I easily pass as 18 and possibly 21. I'll be 17 in a couple of weeks (2/11).

My plan is to

1.) get Apple Technician Certification (pretty easy to get)

2.) Get a job at a CompUSA

3.) After getting some experience with that apply again for the Apple Store retail job and see what happens.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by vvedge:

<strong>USB 2.0?

I think he just misheard "Two USB"...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nope. He said it's USB 2.0 and won't work with the ibook. Something like that.
  • Reply 25 of 31

<strong>What if you LOOK 18 or older? </strong><hr></blockquote>

That would be great, wouldn't it?
  • Reply 26 of 31
    fobiefobie Posts: 216member
    You guys should be happy that you even have a Apple Store near you

Would be pretty far to travel from Sweden everyday

I really hope Apple fires up some Apple Stores in Europe. They havent done much for Europe, i hardly ever hear anything from Apple
  • Reply 27 of 31
    evil edevil ed Posts: 106member

<strong>There should be no age limit as long as you know your shit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

hmm, i think as long as u know ur shit and u can communicate ur shit in a professional manner, then yes, there shouldn't be an age limit.

Saying that u have to be 18 basically reduces the chances of getting immature 'kids' wanting to work for them (though I think most of the ppl on this board who are under 18 demonstrate more maturity online than i've seen here in the office).
  • Reply 28 of 31
    More and more I keep wishing I was 18. I've brought so many people into that store and they come out wanting a Mac. If only I could convert or try to convert more people.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by Evil Ed:

<strong>

hmm, i think as long as u know ur shit and u can communicate ur shit in a professional manner, then yes, there shouldn't be an age limit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I agree and disagree. There's a difference between knowing backwards and forwards how a product works, and knowing how to sell it too. You all may be under 18, and you may know your "shit," but I bet you don't know as well as an 18+ about customer service.

With age comes wisdom and experience. And you'll still know your shit.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: CosmoNut ]</p>
  • Reply 30 of 31
    Hmm.....well I'm 18 but there are no Apple stores so I can't try for a job. However I will be going to college in either Columbus or Cincy, so I guess I could get a job at the stores there while I'm in college. Anyone think I would make a good employee there?
  • Reply 31 of 31
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>

I agree and disagree. There's a difference between knowing backwards and forwards how a product works, and knowing how to sell it too. You all may be under 18, and you may know your "shit," but I bet you don't know as well as an 18+ about customer service.

With age comes wisdom and experience. And you'll still know your shit.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: CosmoNut ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually I think I'd be pretty good with customer service. And if I needed advice I could go to my dad because he's a business professor.