Would you buy this instead of an e/iMac?

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 63
    next less argue over our bellybutton... I think steve jobs has an outie...

seriously apple markets themselves as CONSUMER CONSUMER CONSUMER. look at compaq and dell ads... especially print.. it all points to business. The first thing apple needs to do is market itself as a viable business platform. The current offerings offer more value than any PC anyway. Its just they market themselves to families and not Fortune 5's.
  • Reply 62 of 63
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Another reason PC prices are currently low is that the manufs are trying to drive sales in a market that is saturated. People are not buying home computers anymore, except for a few gamers. MacPhisto is right: Next year, prices will go up... they simply have to go up, as the manufs cannot survive at the current margins.

Matsu is right, too: the iMac's price is high for what you get. This is really because Apple's margins are higher than the other companies'. So what? They're selling plenty of computers. They're not hurting for sales. The market share thing isn't really hurting them, they'd like more, but they can live with what they have.

Matsu is also right when he points out that the iMac's price is high compared with comparable G4 tower configurations. This is a different issue, and one I don't understand. When the G5 iMac comes out, I suspect balance will be restored.
  • Reply 63 of 63
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

... When the G5 iMac comes out, I suspect balance will be restored.

if the price stays the same and the Powermac 2.5Ghz dual will be sold to the public