McDonalds to give away 1 billion iTunes songs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pensieve

You realize that they have to allow you to get these prizes without buying a product from them, right? When the deal is announced, there will be some fine print telling you where you can send a self-addressed stamped envelope to to get prize pieces. Just like with their monopoly promotion now. It's US law or something.

It's a shame that it would cost 74 cents to send a SASE anywhere. With a one in three chance (at least through pepsi) it wouldn't pay to barrage them with letters. Even if there was only a one in two chance you would still lose out. Might as well just buy it directly from iTMS.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    That's incredibly bad karma for Apple. I have a hard time believing vegetarian (vegan?) left wing (??) Steve Jobs would even want to be seen in a ten mile radius of a McDonald's 'restaurant'. Of course, he's a ruthless business man, so he'll be the first to realise the importance of this deal. I don't know though. I'm kind of hoping this doesn't take off. Big at any cost? No please.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by bauman

It's a shame that it would cost 74 cents to send a SASE anywhere. With a one in three chance (at least through pepsi) it wouldn't pay to barrage them with letters. Even if there was only a one in two chance you would still lose out. Might as well just buy it directly from iTMS.

Unless you live in Vermont, where state law requires no postage on the return envelope. Damn to live in New England. Between the no sales tax in New Hampshire and the no return postage in Vermont it's a shopper's dream....
  • Reply 24 of 32
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

That's incredibly bad karma for Apple. I have a hard time believing vegetarian (vegan?) left wing (??) Steve Jobs would even want to be seen in a ten mile radius of a McDonald's 'restaurant'. Of course, he's a ruthless business man, so he'll be the first to realise the importance of this deal. I don't know though. I'm kind of hoping this doesn't take off. Big at any cost? No please.

Bad karma? WTF? I would certainly hope that he doesn't put his views ahead of the companies well being. That deal would be huge for Apple, no ifs ands or buts. I don't see how anyone could not want to do it.

For all the vegetarians out there, if you choose not to eat meat that is fine. To vegetarians who try to push it onto others I say I will eat 3x as much so not only will they not kill less, but more!

Edit: I didn't mean for that to sound as mean as it may have.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Sure you did! Bacon tastes good.

Each veggie out there means more meat for us.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

For all the vegetarians out there, if you choose not to eat meat that is fine. To vegetarians who try to push it onto others I say I will eat 3x as much so not only will they not kill less, but more!

No worries.

It's not the vegatarian angle I'm after. It's the complete roguishness of the McDonald's enterprise. In short: exploitation. Exploitation in all of the forms this earth has ever seen, and some new ones invented by and for McDonald's. A host of evil wickedness, maybe best described in Eric Schlosser's "Fast Food Nation", which, admittedly, is waiting for a deeper browse by yours truly. I will have to look deeper into this matter.

And I say this without pretending to be a saint: I enjoy a McDonald's hamburger as the next guy, although maybe not as often. And I say thÃ*t wondering what it has to do with anything.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    McDonald's has crappy food, but I go there all the time just for a soda. I find thats all they're good for.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by tonton

Imagine the headlines when this deal is signed:

iTunes Music Store: One Billion Sold.

When? Imagine if this deal is real first...because it isn't.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    Quote:

Originally posted by pensieve

A statement by McD's indicates that the deal may not be true:

The full article. They didn't deny it, but they haven't confirmed it, either. Leave it to the Post to print this as news.

As pensieve said, McDonald's Denies Deal With iTunes
  • Reply 30 of 32
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Quote:

Unless you live in Vermont, where state law requires no postage on the return envelope. Damn to live in New England. Between the no sales tax in New Hampshire and the no return postage in Vermont it's a shopper's dream....

Damn right, being right there on the Connecticut River is where it's at!

This deal is awesome! I hope it's true. Like Amorph said, damnnn the new Apple sure knows how to execute!
  • Reply 31 of 32
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Many vegetarians are vegetarians simply for health and fitness reasons, not due to any moral stand against the eating of animals. There's no reason to believe that Steve has or should have any moral quandries about doing business with carnivores.

Of course, the eating of rabbits is PURE EVIL!

If McDonald's starts selling Bunny McNuggets, I have to almost never eat there again!