Enterprise talk?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Very good episode last night. I've always noticed that by the 3rd year these Berman, Braga Star Treks get better and start to find their pace. It's happened with TNG, DS9, STV, and now STE. I find that most people who critisize Enterprise haven't seen any recent episodes or they don't like ST to begin with. Lots of good stories ahead also. Shran the andorian ( Jeffery Combs ) will be back early next year.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    aries 1baries 1b Posts: 1,009member
    NX-01, you are go for seven years, over.

Aries 1B

Dreaming of Clavius Moonbase....
  • Reply 23 of 23
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Yeah, I have no intention of habitually watching Enterprise, but it an Jake 2.0 are the first HD broadcasts on the local UPN affiliate (KBHK), and they are supposedly visually superb.

CBS / KPIX-DT - 1080i and quite nice.

ABC /KGO-DT - 720p, only I can't appreciate it because my set will convert it to 1080i

FOX / KTVU-DT - ATSC 480p, but FOX will roll-out 720p in 1H04 hopefully

NBC / KNTV-DT - 1080i and lots of pixelation, gamma too dark)

PBS / KQED-DT - 1080i with 5 subchannel multicast really degrades the quality

PBS / KCSM-DT - 1080i a little better than KQED except with respect to programming

UPN / KBHK-DT - 1080i with no perceptible pixelization

WB / KBWB-DT - 1080i slight pixelization

There are lots of other DT channels currently showing SD content here too. I'm currently using a Channel Master 4228 UHF-only panel/bow-tie antenna. I hope that by the time 2006 rolls around I won't have to buy another VHF antenna. Comcast had better carry all the local HD channels by then.

Unfortunately it seems that HDTV will have to wait awhile for me. I have the TV but I always figured that I would receive it through a service like cable so I purchased a 53" rear projection set without the HDTV tuner. However Comcast's implimentation is really stupid.

They give you a decoder box that doesn't pass any of the analog signals along when it's off. Given that there is still a lot of analog programing out there that means that I can't record anything while I'm gone.

The installer's solution was to put a 3 way splitter on my cable which diminished the signal so much that the analog channels were unwatchable unless you used the box. I work at night so I do a lot of time shifting so this obviously wouldn't work for me.

I talked to one of their engineers and he said " we're aware of the problem and just aren't sure how we are going to impliment time shifting. It might be that we'll put a timer on the box that will change the channels automatically ( in case you want to record on 2 different channels while you're gone ). " He said he doubted that they would impliment this by the end of the year. He also seemed to indicate that this was a low priority issue since " not many people time shift ". This is utter BS since satellite systems have had this capability for a long time now. They even encourage recording with built in hard drives.

I have a DVD recorder but it's only capable of NTSC so if it's a copyright issue and they just aren't saying so that is also stupid.

I just wanted to let any of you like me where HDTV is a new thing know what you're getting into if you have to deal with Comcast. I'm looking into satellite.