The Video iPod I want to see

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    oh and I dont care what those money hungry media giants say, there is nothing unethical or illegal about recording TV. I've been recording TV with my VCR since 1983. I dont sell, share or distribute.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Barto

Dude, I'm not talking about the current iPod (maybe not even the current iSight). A future iPod, a COLOR iPod, DESIGNED to integrate with iSight, like it currently does with 50 other peripherals.

So Apple's going to dump two years of enormously successful brand recognition with its white iPod, bail on the white earbud cables snaking out of every hipster's jacket pocket and abandon the culture defining silhouette ad campaign so that the new metal iPod will match the iSight so that you can hack together a clunky, two-piece DV camcorder?

If/when Apple does a camera it will be a small, gorgeously integrated device in one, sealed box. Just like the iPod itself.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Well then change the iSight to match the iPod. I don't care. It would be really neat if you could hold a video camera like the iPod (think Star Trek). I own and love an iPod, btw.

Barto
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Have you guys seen this: Archos today announced the 80gig Video Recorder. Hmmm, maybe the video iPod could become a reality?

http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500570.html
  • Reply 25 of 26
    vinney57vinney57 Posts: 1,162member
    'What's his name' from Mac OS Rumors made a good comment today (together with the usual groundless speculation)

"Apple has its eye on bringing small-company innovation to the mass markets....not mass-market innovation to the small markets"

I believe this is absolutely on-the-money. Apple will NOT be making a video or still camera; NOT, NOT, NOT. There is absolutely no point in entering a mature and commoditised market to which Apple can add very little. Now the Archos 'video pod' product is much more like it. A developing paradigm right up Apple's street to which they can add huge operational, technical and aesthetic value. I would expect to see one within the year.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by vinney57

'What's his name' from Mac OS Rumors made a good comment today (together with the usual groundless speculation)

"Apple has its eye on bringing small-company innovation to the mass markets....not mass-market innovation to the small markets"

I believe this is absolutely on-the-money. Apple will NOT be making a video or still camera; NOT, NOT, NOT. There is absolutely no point in entering a mature and commoditised market to which Apple can add very little. Now the Archos 'video pod' product is much more like it. A developing paradigm right up Apple's street to which they can add huge operational, technical and aesthetic value. I would expect to see one within the year.

But who wants to watch a "DVD Quality movie" on a 2.5" screen? and yes, I am talking the Archos which only has a 2.5" screen. At a minimum you need a 5", maybe even 7". Widescreen on these woudl be a must, and woudl keep the size down (a 7" widescreen is not as bulky as a 7" 4:3).