War on Jews Expands

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
With the latest bombings in Turkey the Islamic Fundamentalists' War on Jews has expanded into new territory. This time there doesn't seem to be a clear link between the Jewish target and Israel. So we can't blow this one off as being some kind of "retaliation" against "occupation". Save for the fact that Turkey has "a strong relationship with both Israel and the United States".

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/16/in...16TURK.html?hp

Comments

• Reply 1 of 55
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Terrible beyond description or justification.

But of course there will be those who will say the "Jews" have it coming to them as they are seen as the "enemy". This is so sad.

It is too early to know who exactly is behind these attrocities, but whoever they are, rest assured they won't win in any sense.

For in the long run they will alienate everyone who has any love or compassion in their hearts.

They are effectively sowing the seeds of their own destruction.
  • Reply 2 of 55
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    It's clear that there is no connection between these bombing and Israel. It's just pure anti-semitic hate.

This is really sad, and frightening for the future.
  • Reply 3 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

It's clear that there is no connection between these bombing and Israel. It's just pure anti-semitic hate.

This is really sad, and frightening for the future.

Actually this is modern Isalm.
  • Reply 4 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by MaxParrish

Don't do ourself the same error, by making broad generalisation.

It's modern islamism integrism. it's a hard problem to deal with. Spew the hate against all islam people will only reinforce the hate. We must struggle against a specific target : the islamist extremist and their culture of hate and intolerance. Integrist will be really happy if we declared a war against islam : we will give them reason.
  • Reply 5 of 55
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    I may sound biased here (I am not Jewish or Muslim or Christian), all the muslims I have met in my life hate Isreal and support the cause of Palestinians. Not one person belonging to the Islamic faith has sympathies for the Jewish of Isreal. Talk about being biased. Muslims in INdonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India who don't have any relations waht so ever with the Palestitians, support the Palestinian blindly and for no reason. I could go on for ever
  • Reply 6 of 55
    Quote:

Don't do ourself the same error, by making broad generalisation.

It's modern islamism integrism. it's a hard problem to deal with. Spew the hate against all islam people will only reinforce the hate. We must struggle against a specific target : the islamist extremist and their culture of hate and intolerance. Integrist will be really happy if we declared a war against islam : we will give them reason.

I am not familier with the term "integrism". But the hope for moderate Islam...is that realistic ? Where is it ? When does it speak for tolerance and diversity ? When does it teach love thy non Muslim nieghbor ?
  • Reply 7 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by markiv

I may sound biased here (I am not Jewish or Muslim or Christian), all the muslims I have met in my life hate Isreal and support the cause of Palestinians. Not one person belonging to the Islamic faith has sympathies for the Jewish of Isreal. Talk about being biased. Muslims in INdonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India who don't have any relations waht so ever with the Palestitians, support the Palestinian blindly and for no reason. I could go on for ever

Dude.

Yesterday a deputy infantry battalion commander from the Israeli Defence Force was convicted of throwing a stun grenade at a group of children in Hebron; he got fourteen days.

People don?t support the Palestinian cause ?blindly?. They believe they have good reason and frankly I find it difficult to argue with them.

Nothing justifies trying to blow up a synagogue full of people in prayer, of course, but you can hardly accuse people of ?bias? when Israel?s actions make them angry.
  • Reply 8 of 55
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    This link is a long long read. I haven't even finished reading it yet. Too long. I find it fascinating.

On Hating the Jews

The inextricable link between anti-Semitism and anti-Americanism.

BY NATAN SHARANSKY

Please don't let the "anti-Americanism" angle stop you from reading. It's at the end and you can just stop reading if the thesis is not to your liking.

Best paragraph so far.

Quote:

No less revealing is what might be called the mechanics of the discussion. For centuries, a clear sign of the anti-Semitic impulse at work has been the use of the double standard: social behavior that in others passes without comment or with the mildest questioning becomes, when exhibited by Jews, a pretext for wholesale group denunciation. Such double standards are applied just as recklessly today to the Jewish state. It is democratic Israel, not any of the dozens of tyrannies represented in the United Nations General Assembly, that that body singles out for condemnation in over two dozen resolutions each year; it is against Israel--not Cuba, North Korea, China, or Iran--that the U.N. Human Rights Commission, chaired recently by a lily-pure Libya, directs nearly a third of its official ire; it is Israel whose alleged misbehavior provoked the only joint session ever held by the signatories to the Geneva Convention; it is Israel, alone among nations, that has lately been targeted by Western campaigns of divestment; it is Israel's Magen David Adom, alone among ambulance services in the world, that is denied membership in the International Red Cross; it is Israeli scholars, alone among academics in the world, who are denied grants and prevented from publishing articles in prestigious journals. The list goes on and on.

• Reply 9 of 55
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Dude.

Yesterday a deputy infantry battalion commander from the Israeli Defence Force was convicted of throwing a stun grenade at a group of children in Hebron; he got fourteen days.

People don?t support the Palestinian cause ?blindly?. They believe they have good reason and frankly I find it difficult to argue with them.

Nothing justifies trying to blow up a synagogue full of people in prayer, of course, but you can hardly accuse people of ?bias? when Israel?s actions make them angry.

There would be many Jews and Christians who support the cause of Palestinians, show me one muslim who supports the Jews. I am not talking about Isreal, I am talking about Jews. there is none. Why not talk about the muslim opression in China, are you iinformed about that or not. I hvae many muslim friends from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Saudia Arabia, Eritrea, I can go on forever. All of them are anti-Jews. I am in no way condoing what happened in Hebron, but if Arabs had their way their would not be any Isreal.
  • Reply 10 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by MaxParrish

"Wholesale group denunciation". According to that Israeli minister that Scott quotes and links to that is "a clear sign of the anti-Semitic impulse at work".

But then, even after listing a litany of different groups' racism against "scapegoats" and those who are different down through the ages, he downplays every other suffering group bar the Jewish people and laughs off the suggestion that an Israeli, or the Israeli state could ever be racist towards the Palestinians.

But then it's just rhetoric, he's not actually examining the facts in order to find "the truth". Instead it seemed to me that he was trying to raise support by pandering to the xenophobia of US citizens with a grudge against Europeans and--more interestingly--those Americans with a "European" point-of-view (traitors!).
  • Reply 11 of 55
    aaplaapl Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Dude.

What was Arafat convicted of? By the Arab courts, or those European courts, or those international courts? ... Right.

Hassan,

Personal attacks removed by Powerdoc

Have a cheerful day. Hope you don't get caught in the rain.
  • Reply 12 of 55
    Quote:

Originally posted by aapl

a post

The really funny thing is that until I was seven I was a pupil at an American International School.

This is where my evil programming began.

Hey Mika, are you in London? How did you know it was raining?
  • Reply 13 of 55
    Quote:

What was Arafat convicted of? By the Arab courts, or those European courts, or those international courts? ... Right.

Hassan,

Post deleted by Powerdoc.

Personal attack are not allowed in these boards.
  • Reply 14 of 55
    Quote:

Personal attack are not allowed in these boards.

It seems you're being VERY selective here. Why not hit the search button and read some of Hassan's last few posts.
  • Reply 15 of 55
    Quote:

The really funny thing is that until I was seven I was a pupil at an American International School.

This is where my evil programming began.

Hey Mika, are you in London? How did you know it was raining?

Some things are inevitable.
  • Reply 16 of 55
    Quote:

It seems you're being VERY selective here. Why not hit the search button and read some of Hassan's last few posts.

Check your e mail .
  • Reply 17 of 55
    Quote:

Check your e mail .

I will not.
  • Reply 18 of 55
    Dude, if you're in London we must hook up.

And post the photographs, or else they'll never believe us.
  • Reply 19 of 55
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Is it allowable to ad hom someone who's no longer on the boards, due to a banning for his extreme, racist and violent views and behaviour?

Any complaints?

Edit: Those that planned the Turkey mission will join those that executed it in hell. As evil as any action performed on this planet.
  • Reply 20 of 55
    Quote:

Dude, if you're in London we must hook up.

And post the photographs, or else they'll never believe us.

As much as I would love to sample your mom's legendary culinary feats, I'd be afraid to suffer the same fate as Elhanan Tennenbaum. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.