2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    anandanand Posts: 285member
    Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

Wow Brad, is this under Panther?

Yup. That's me just dragging the resize widget, jerking the mouse back and forth quickly.

Mac OS X 10.3.1. Dual 500 MHz G4. 832 MB RAM. Original AGP ATI Radeon. Nothing special, really.

I agree that window resizing is picked on too much but where is your mouse pointer? On my 1.6 G5 the pointer is about 2-3 inches in front of what I am expanding.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    I think default in Snapz Pro is to not show the pointer during movie shoots.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    You know the 'finder' in windows is pretty slow. Not window resizing but file moving... Ugh, sluggish as hell

(athlon 2800, radeon 9800, SATA, windows 2000).

I need panther, but I haven't got the money at the moment.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattyj

You know the 'finder' in windows is pretty slow.

It's called the Windows Explorer, aka explorer.exe.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thegelding

jesus brad...what the hell was that?? is that an example of resizing the window while "pleasuring" one's self??

g

haha. But listening to the years of complaints about how slow window resizing is on X, you'd think that was just a typical Mac user's day at the office.

*damn I wish this was faster*

*oop - look! I just saw the mouse leave the window corner by 7 pixels!*
  • Reply 26 of 29
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

It's called the Windows Explorer, aka explorer.exe.

Brad I know that. Jeez, not everyone is a noob. Don't assume so.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Aside from the rough edges it is a pretty Spiffy ? OS, I must say. Running on a dual G5 is particularly enjoyable, especially when adding in a nice mix of Adobe CS.

• Reply 28 of 29
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Mac OS X 10.3.1. Dual 500 MHz G4. 832 MB RAM. Original AGP ATI Radeon. Nothing special, really.

I think the second processor would help a lot in such operations; same for the Radeon. I find window resizing in Jaguar generally acceptable, except for Safari windows (and perhaps a couple other applications). Obviously this is not OS X's fault 100%, as other browsers resize much better. How is resizing of Safari windows in Panther?
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Panther on my 350 MHz G3 iMac isn't fast at all. It's only a very small amount faster than Jaguar, but then, I think that computer has some serious hardware problems anyway...

But, on my G4 iMac, it's very nice. m.