Your Political Compass

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Traffic laws are guidlines that help us from damaging the private property of others. Do a search for "private property" in AO. my name should come up several times. That will explain it for you.

I wasnt asking you. But thanks for the um informative response. Traffic laws are generally not liberal or conservative, sorry.

They are also not merely for protection of other property. The state pays for the removal of your wrecked vehical if you decide to go 110 mph on a deserted highway, crash, toast and leave only the chared remains of your teeth. Again, the reason why these laws are not liberal or conservative is because from the state's perspective they save money by not having to strip your tatered remains off of a highway sign, in addition to having the 'liberal' ideal of protecting others and their property. (I personally would like to see the argument that that is liberal).

All the while, I cant stand getting tagged on a deserted highway.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

I wasnt asking you. But thanks for the um informative response. Traffic laws are generally not liberal or conservative, sorry.

They are also not merely for protection of other property. The state pays for the removal of your wrecked vehical if you decide to go 110 mph on a deserted highway, crash, toast and leave only the chared remains of your teeth. Again, the reason why these laws are not liberal or conservative is because from the state's perspective they save money by not having to strip your tatered remains off of a highway sign, in addition to having the 'liberal' ideal of protecting others and their property. (I personally would like to see the argument that that is liberal).

All the while, I cant stand getting tagged on a deserted highway.

Perhaps, but I don't think the state is fit to run the highways. At this point the technology exists to have private entities run them effectively.
  • Reply 43 of 46
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Perhaps, but I don't think the state is fit to run the highways. At this point the technology exists to have private entities run them effectively.

I think we should privatize the weather...
  • Reply 44 of 46
    Quote:

I think National Security(TM) would be at risk if this were the case.

• Reply 45 of 46
    How about this for boring:

Economic Left/Right: 0.62

Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28

I dare anyone else to get so close to the center without cheating.
  • Reply 46 of 46
    Quote:

Originally posted by rogue master

How about this for boring:

Economic Left/Right: 0.62

Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.28

I dare anyone else to get so close to the center without cheating.

Without cheating???

"pisst.... Billy!" -jack

"shhhhh.... whadda you want?" -billy

"you got the answer to number six?" -jack

"Yah but keep it down... I don't wanna get cought...

it's 'strongly agree'." -billy

"thanks... glad to know your toughts on how a homosexual feels natrualy." -jack

"no problem jack... mummmm jack... jack is such a cute name." -billy

"wait... what... what, did you just say?" -jack

"nothing... I said nothing... just forget about it, hun... I mean jack! -- Oh god!" -billy

"I think, that I am going to get my answers from david from now on..." -jack