Kill Bill, Volume Two.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I saw it. I thought it was great! Uma is just so hot in these two movies. That said, the two movies complement each other so well, but each have their own *feel.* I was glad this wasn't another two hours of mass carnage and spewing blood.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    I just saw the Box Office results: Kill Bill Vol Two made 25M. Something like 3.5 million people went to see it.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I saw it last night. It was really fvckin' good. I wasn't sure at first, but once it got into it... I really loved this movie, more so than the first... even thought it's really supposed to be just one movie. The ending was also a perfect ending, I thought.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The first movie NEEDS the second. I don't think the second needs the first, though. I could see how someone watching vol. 2 could do just fine with the story and get a lot less violence...if they wanted.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    dmgeistdmgeist Posts: 153member
    Volume 2 was a completion film, an end of story. We got pelted

with the great fight scenes in Volume 1, including the mass amounts

of blood. So the second is going to seem quite calm compared to the

first. I left the film with a feeling of completion, as well as a feeling

like the movie and story wanted to be experienced together and should

have.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Bruce Lee, Bah!

A Charismatic egomaniac, and a great performer, quite possibly the best martial arts performer ever, but hardly the best fighter ever, likely not even close.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    spoiler alert***

was it just me or did they do an extremely good job on the whole buried alive scene? i was actually feeling a little claustraphobia/suffocation just listening to the sounds of them dumping her in the hole and covering it with dirt. very well done scene.

btw, what was the point of hidding her name until the middle of the second movie?
  • Reply 28 of 32
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    SPOILER TIME

The Kung Fu Master Pei Mei was AWESOME!!!!!

Here's my review from my own film review forum.....

Quentin's movies always leave me with a bit of a hangover.....there's a lingering doubt as to whether I truly enjoyed the film or whether I was just swept up in the moment. I think I finally had to admit to myself tonight that Mr. T is indeed a fabulous storyteller, even if the stories do tend to be soaked in blood. _It's what he does.

Kill Bill Volume 2 earns a very respectable 8 out of 10 on my scorecard and, noting that I did not give Volume 1 a score last year, I'm marking down a 10 out of 10 for that portion of this "epic".

As promised, we get to see Uma Thurman's character, heretofore known only as "The Bride", on her vengeance-driven mission to find and kill the man who massacred her wedding party and tried to kill her.

Pieces of The Bride's story are picked up along the way in this movie and a good deal more of her backstory is revealed AND (to the disappointment of adrenaline junkies) there's a lot more talking...but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Quentin Tarantino is known for improbable dialogue, including the comicbook-style "showdown" exhanges that depart from "Showdown at the OK Coral" and head more toward Russian Constructivist manifestos.

It's all very entertaining.

You're a bad parent if you allow your kids to see this movie...a complete idiot. The bad language, explicit violence and implied violence are too vivid for kids although I heartily suspect that Quentin feels he's helping to sneak some of the kids out there into the grownup world, and I suppose the real world must lie somewhere between Disney's saccharine and Tarantino's Hellions.

There is a portion of the movie where The Bride (aka, Black Mamba) trains with the aged Kung-Fu Master Pei Mei. _Like something right out of the old Kung Fu movies, Pei Mei gleefully beats the crap out of Uma's character proving to her that his powers are greater than any swordsman's. If you ever watched Kung Fu movies (the REAL ones) you'll recognize this character...the kind of guy who jumps thirty feet up into trees, stands on swords, walks on water....unbelievable, but awesome to watch.

And that pretty much describes this movie (volumes 1 and 2)....

Unbelievable, but awesome to watch.

The things you didn't understand in the first movie are explained in this movie....it was originally designed to be ONE movie but the studio convinced Quentin to cut it in half which actually seemed to work just fine.

If you haven't see the first movie I strongly recommend that you watch it before you head to the theater to see this installment.

Kudos to Q.T. for this film, it makes me want to see some of these mad Japanese gangster movies that contributed to the look and feel of part of the movie.

Kudos to Uma Thurman for providing the biggest action hero we've seen in awhile....she did a splendid job in this romp of a movie. The same goes to the other characters in the film. I totally bought Mr. Carradine as Bill, he's fun to watch.

The music is topnotch, Quentin and his editors did a fine job of finding music that helped propel the movie along in every way but formulaic. _Picking out music to fit a film requires you to know music in the first place...to inhabit the music and understand how and where it fits...if at all.

That's enough for tonight.

Like I said, tomorrow I'll be wondering if I did the right thing in giving Quentin's movie such high marks...but for now it stands.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    i liked it...
  • Reply 30 of 32
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, just got back from the theater. what a damn fun movie. just don't go into it thinking it's volume 1. whether you consider that good or bad, they are very different movies. and you can actually see this movie WITHOUT having seen the first volume. how weird is that?!?

i will be very interested to see a full, unbroken epic with deleted scenes, though i am sure it won't happen until they have sold many vol. 1 and 2 dvd's first.

either way, it was worth my time and money, and that's all that really matters, right?
  • Reply 31 of 32
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I saw volume one for the first time on sunday, then on monday I saw volume 2. Both movies were fantastic. Pure entertainment. I really liked how Volume 2 was more plot/character driven, than blood and gore. I think that volume 2 strengthened volume 1 tremendously. I'm also glad that they were separate, I don't think I would have enjoyed them that much if they were one 3 hour movie.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Vol 2 was great. I couldn't keep up with all the pop culture references in Vol 1, but I got most of them in 2. , I think. The training sequence was fantastic and reminded me of a ton of films I saw in the past. Did anyone else notice that this had a much more pronounced "Western" feel to it. From the scenery to the soundtrack to the Charles Bronson "Once upon a time in the west" poster hanging in Bud's trailer, this movie felt like a western.

Bill named his truth serum, "The Undisputed Truth ". I still crack up thinking about that.