UK iMac deliveries

Comments

• Reply 21 of 59
    redericrederic Posts: 124member
    A commie?

Are you seriously deranged or has the waiting for your new iMac sent you temporarily loopy? :confused:

I wish it be known for future reference :

Red = Man Utd

Eric = My given Christian Name and that of the greatest footballer ever to grace a pitch KING CANTONA

Rejoice for you WILL be a convert
  • Reply 22 of 59
    BAWJAWS - taking into account 25 working days you should have yours 5/6th March mate. Add it up, you know it makes sence.

Paul
  • Reply 23 of 59
    redericrederic Posts: 124member
    Notts m8

You've gotta add 3-4 days shipping aswell. The bastards are really squeezing every amount of patience from us remember.
  • Reply 24 of 59
    from email:

Following your email, I would like to inform you that you will receive only

one order and not two :

IMAC G4 800/256/60/SUPER/SPK/AP/B

AIRPORT BASE STATION-GBR

The production began on the 29th January 2002. It will last 25 working

days.

Your order should leave the plant in Taiwan on the 4/03 and you should

receive the goods on the 7/8 March.

I remain available for any further information you may require

kind Regards

Apple Store
  • Reply 25 of 59
    marcusmarcus Posts: 227member
    [quote]Originally posted by RedEric:

<strong>

Red = Man Utd

Eric = My given Christian Name and that of the greatest footballer ever to grace a pitch KING CANTONA

Rejoice for you WILL be a convert </strong><hr></blockquote>

A fellow Red!

I drink a drink to Eric the King...

<a href="http://www.ericcantona.com/"; target="_blank">King Eric...</a>

I'm in no way complaining, but my season ticket to Man Utd has never really been the same since his untimely retirement....he was indeed the *best ever*, his skill arguably transcended football...it was pure 'Art'.

Marcus

(My Cantona No 7 Jersey is actually framed, hanging up in my lounge! along with a few signed Pitures of the Treble winning team...)

(Don't know about his acting though!?)
  • Reply 26 of 59
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    Well it sounds like a commie name to me. Remember Red Ken, Red Robbo neither of these had anything to do with ManU.
  • Reply 27 of 59
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    I ordered my new 800/SD iMac G4 yesterday and Craig from the Apple Store UK said 4-5 weeks.

I don't know if I can wait that long!!

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get RAM in the UK just now?

J :cool:
  • Reply 28 of 59
    Jamie

Do you want cheapest or most reasonable. If it's cheapest I 'm not sure. If it's most reasonable I would highly recommend Crucial. You can get a 512MB stick for the new imac for £115. They are fast friendly and not a problem with returns.

Good Luck on the wait....I'm into my 3rd week and another 3 to go apparently. It's killing me!!!
  • Reply 29 of 59
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Thanks Eric! That sounds like a fair enough deal.

I ordered an iPod to go along with the iMac and they ship them both together so I have to wait ages for that too !!

Now all I need is a MS Mouse and I'm ready to go.

J :cool:
  • Reply 30 of 59
    HI GUYS,

Got my Ram from Crucial, no probs with service etc. and its now cheaper than when i got it 2 weeks ago about £115+vat now for 512mb.

It will be 4 weeks on Monday since I ordered, I am clicking on every site around after info!!!

Byeee,

Paul
  • Reply 31 of 59
    Do we know when the first machines will hit the UK? Are the first amchines going to the Apple store or the resellers or will Apple share them out? What have Apple done in the past with new hardware. I know the TI book was in short supply at first but the demand was nothing like the demand for this product.
  • Reply 32 of 59
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    I just jumped into this thread from the States lads, but my iMac arrived this morning in New Jersey from Taiwan, shipped 2 Feb.

I ordered mine from Apple Ed store on 1/7
  • Reply 33 of 59
    OK, this is starting to get to me. Its about time some of these machines started to find their way to the UK. Could some of you guys out there try to get the latest word on when they are due from your supplier and I'll phone mine tomorrow. I'll post their answer tomorrow evening. If nothing else, this'll move this thread back up the page for later in the week when we should see some action ......surely ?
  • Reply 34 of 59
    Is there anyone working for a Uk Apple re-seller who can give us a proper indication/reason as to what is happening.

Ordered mine on the 11th, all the re-sellers have ad's in the mags saying "In stock now" and the such like. Has the schedule been put back or are they on a slow boat from china?
  • Reply 35 of 59
    Macminute is reporting UK deliveries have started. Can anyone confirm this?
  • Reply 36 of 59
    JW, I read this also.

Nice to see someone else has the problem of drifting from one site to the next eagerly after info!!!

It even states on Macminute a guy has seen em who works for PC World. Whats going on even those wan***s who when you ask for info know nothing about Macs have their sweaty palms on em!

There is hope. I have read a woman in France had hers yesterday.
  • Reply 37 of 59
    Just got off the phone to KRCS Nottingham. This Apple Dealer has been told by Apple that deliveries promised last week for this week have NOT been shipped and will not be expected to ship until next week.

Basically they have been told the same line they were told last week by Apple.

NOTE: When I ordered my iMac it was 3-4 Weeks wait on the Apple web site, I am now over this and Monday 18th Feb will be 5 weeks!!! I am VERY unhappy with the service I am getting at this point.
  • Reply 38 of 59
    Will add my two penny's worth. Spoke to Apple Education sales this afternoon, new imac I ordered on the jan 14th has shipped yesterday, apparently its the second to ship. He said to expect it Thursday/Friday.

e
  • Reply 39 of 59
    Rats I ordered mine on the 11th from CW and they have not yet recieved anything.

• Reply 40 of 59
    Ezzie, did you order on Apple Store Education UK then?

2nd to ship for UK education orders eh, interesting as I ordered on 14th so for education orders I should be up there with you mate!!!

The problem here is I can't phone Apple Education and ask for info as I ordered through a reseller, or do you think they order it under my name?