13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Well Splinemodel, considering you said you watched A-team reruns, I'm not sure how many other people here can relate to your, uh, taste.

Yeah, I also caught Most Xtreme Elimination Challenge last night, as well as part of a sci-fi channel production of Babylon 5. I think I'm going to hold out on Battlestar Galactica. . . looks to cheesy even for me.

Don't get me wrong. . . I found 2001 to have some generally good concepts, it just didn't strike a chord with me.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    DARK STAR is really good too.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Well Splinemodel, considering you said you watched A-team reruns, I'm not sure how many other people here can relate to your, uh, taste.

LOL
  • Reply 44 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dale Sorel

LOL

I pity the fool who doesn't enjoy a good dose of the A-Team every now and then. . . Just caught an episode earlier today. Gotta hand it to SpikeTV.

Getting back, I actually appreciate both "art film" and action film. So don't put me in the gun-twirling civil libertarian boat just yet. (I don't own any guns yet). I do have to say, though, that given those links in Sorel's signature I don't think we would ever quite understand each other.

edit:

That has to be the only website I've ever seen that mixes video footage that I'd expect to see from the 70 year old cat-lady down the street and a lap around Laguna Seca. Sometime I want to go there with the 7, which should be modified past GT spec by then (working out logistics of renesis transplant). I think Mazda even owns the track. . . maybe they'd be down with it.
  • Reply 45 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

That has to be the only website I've ever seen that mixes video footage that I'd expect to see from the 70 year old cat-lady down the street and a lap around Laguna Seca

Buy a clue, dude
  • Reply 46 of 56
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I don't own any guns yet

I would but my city basically bans handguns.

Quote:

I do have to say, though, that given those links in Sorel's signature I don't think we would ever quite understand each other.

You must not be a cat person.

Dale, I love the cat videos.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

I would but my city basically bans handguns.

You must not be a cat person.

Dale, I love the cat videos.

Bingo. Apparently, unrelated, I'm also not a 2001 person. I guess the stretch was too much. To clarify, there are "cat people" and then there are "dude, like, you are a weirdo cat people." I don't expect you to understand why I don't like 2001.

So now it seems as though I've rubbed Sorel the wrong way. heh. It was meant to be.
  • Reply 48 of 56
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I love also cats, but i do not see a direct connection with 2001.

Stanley Kubricks loved cats : see the number of cats in the house of the woman killed by a giant dick ...

Weather people liked it or not , 2001 entered in the history of cinema, 2010 not. 2001 was a revolution, 2010 is not.That does not mean that 2010 is a bad movie, but he is very different. It's more an attempt to explain 2001 (why HAL sucked, what is the goal of the black monoliths ...) than anything else.
  • Reply 49 of 56
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

I love also cats, but i do not see a direct connection with 2001.

There is no connection. I thought I made that clear (now three times). Just two areas of differing tastes.
  • Reply 50 of 56
    My cat says that if they'd used a watermelon instead of the monolith, the whole thing would have made MUCH more sense.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    monolith = giant watermelon seed
  • Reply 52 of 56
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Stanley Kubricks loved cats :

So did the left bank. One once mentioned that was the only thing the left bank directors had in common.

Which leads us to wonder: can someone understand film and not be a cat person? Evidence indicates no.
  • Reply 53 of 56
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

So did the left bank. One once mentioned that was the only thing the left bank directors had in common.

Which leads us to wonder: can someone understand film and not be a cat person? Evidence indicates no.

Miaow !
  • Reply 54 of 56
    wotanwotan Posts: 106member
    Holy shit. I had NO IDEA there was a SEQUEL of 2001 until just now.

This is why I love this forum.
  • Reply 55 of 56
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

2001 is one of the best movies of all time.

My dad says that I can only watch it if they go on vacation, because he finds 2001 unbearably boring.

The fact that he finds it boring automatically means that I'll find it fascinating, of course.