Comments

• Reply 121 of 155
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

what did you cite?

Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Go listen to the radio and you might hear the same thing.

I heard it on the radio. There's no link I know of. No book to look up. Just a simple report on NPR that I heard during last summer.

I'm all in favor of people posting, and I link whenever possible. I read links you all post because I like to learn. I don't take a stance and protect it, I learn about a topic and support what I've learned. It's very simple.

As pretiege in the veterinarian field went down, men left. After men started leaving the field, salaries went down. Men didn't leave because salaries were going down, their leaving caused the salaries to go down.

Nursing has become a more prestegious field so men have moved in. Salaries started going up after men moved into the field.

If I had learned the opposite I'd gladly support the opposite argument. I can't say the same for a lot of you.
  • Reply 122 of 155
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

I heard it on the radio. There's no link I know of. No book to look up. Just a simple report on NPR that I heard during last summer.

I'm all in favor of people posting, and I link whenever possible. I read links you all post because I like to learn. I don't take a stance and protect it, I learn about a topic and support what I've learned. It's very simple.

As pretiege in the veterinarian field went down, men left. After men started leaving the field, salaries went down. Men didn't leave because salaries were going down, their leaving caused the salaries to go down.

Nursing has become a more prestegious field so men have moved in. Salaries started going up after men moved into the field.

If I had learned the opposite I'd gladly support the opposite argument. I can't say the same for a lot of you.

Hey I heard Bill O'Reilly on the radio say that all leftist are lying communists. I don't have to cite anything or prove it because it was on the radio.

Of course bunge men leaving a field or women entering a field would never change the requirements of those jobs and hence the pay requirements either right?

I use the example of the field I am in. Teaching has been trying to "professionalize" itself for years. They keep ratching up the requirements, work year, etc. If they someday begin wanting a full year and likewise begin paying about 25-40% more, it is likely more men would go into teaching. But of course it will no longer be the same job now will it.

Nursing hasn't become more prestigious. It has had a decade long shortage that hasn't been met even when allowing immigration from countries that seem to export nothing but nurses (like the Philipines for example.) Likewise there have been long standing fights between what doctors and nurses can do with the AMA trying to keep as many duties as possible to doctors. There are now, as a result several different types of nurses, with different responsibilities and it has arisen in part because doctors and their time has become profoundly expensive. This is due in part to the AMA which won't allow larger numbers of doctors to be accredited each year. (It has been stagnant for years)

So we now have doctors, some nurses that have taken doctor like responsibilities, and the lower types of nurses/medical assistants. This middle class of nurse is basically a quasi-doctor with much lower pay but it requires a degree, etc. Likewise the attitudes of men have started to change over the years and more men are starting to seek flexibility, and jobs that offer them a life outside of more pay. I even posted several links about it here in a thread about high earning women and their behaviors, and men who were taking "female" jobs.

I've taken a "female" job. The pay structure didn't change, my priorities did.

Nick
  • Reply 123 of 155
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

No, you're a 'dork' for demanding anything when you've got the power to do something about it yourself.

Now that I've cited it, does it help any? I cite whenever possible, and when I can't, I don't. See?

If you can't use your brains, use google.

I'm not about to go out of my way searching for magical articles you quote but don't source. I'm not here to help you.
  • Reply 124 of 155
    Umm, there has been a shortage of nurses that has been growing substantially the last few years and will continue to grow. Yes, more men have become nurses but the wage raises aren't due to the men. It's due to the high demand for nurses combined with the substantial shortage.

Correlation != Causation

Fvcknut.
  • Reply 125 of 155
    BR, you're just not that smart.
  • Reply 126 of 155
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I'm not about to go out of my way searching for magical articles you quote but don't source. I'm not here to help you.

It's not about helping me, it's about helping yourself. You just don't get it. You take a stance and fight for it no matter how dumb you look. You can't assimilate information beyond anything that fits your preconceived notions. That's too bad for you, not me.

I'm more than willing to help you by pointing this out. Again, and again, and again. Hopefully one day you'll understand what I'm talking about.
  • Reply 127 of 155
    Quote:

It's not about helping me, it's about helping yourself. You just don't get it. You take a stance and fight for it no matter how dumb you look. You can't assimilate information beyond anything that fits your preconceived notions. That's too bad for you, not me.

I'm more than willing to help you by pointing this out. Again, and again, and again. Hopefully one day you'll understand what I'm talking about.

ok, that entire post is just eerie.

shawn, you have anything else to add. at least when you're posting it seems like there's logic and progress involved.
  • Reply 128 of 155
    Quote:

ok, that entire post is just eerie.

shawn, you have anything else to add. at least when you're posting it seems like there's logic and progress involved.

Indeed. Shawn has earned some respect from me in this thread. Bunge on the other hand needs to get laid or something.
  • Reply 129 of 155
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Compare apples to apples people.

wow...I think that's the first time I've ever read BR talk about apples
  • Reply 130 of 155
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

wow...I think that's the first time I've ever read BR talk about apples

I believe that I have three posts in future hardware and a couple in the OS X forum.
  • Reply 131 of 155
    You guys don't have to be so dense. Go read the first couple of posts again and you'll see my point is clear as day. BR originally misunderstood me, and as usual nitpicking helps people avoid a valid point.
  • Reply 132 of 155
    just so we don't misunderstand you again, can you make your point again, only reprase it?

that would likely help with any misunderstaning.
  • Reply 133 of 155
    Quote:

...while the 74% figure might be wrong, the gap does exist.

• Reply 134 of 155
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

..while the 74% figure might be wrong, the gap does exist

And is almost entirely attributable to factors related to personal choice as opposed to systemic discrimination by men.

Nick
  • Reply 135 of 155
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

And is almost entirely attributable to factors related to personal choice as opposed to systemic discrimination by men.

Nick

Wrong. It's attributable to lots of factors, including discrimination. People hire for all kinds of stupid reasons but some of you people arguing here try and pretend it's not true.
  • Reply 136 of 155
    have any links to back up your position bunge?
  • Reply 137 of 155
    Quote:

have any links to back up your position bunge?

You've already quoted them in this thread so why would I repost them? I've done enough reposting already. How about you take the advice I gave you earlier and reread some of the thread? You guys get so blinded you stop discussing and start attacking.

Reread. It'll be good for your karma.
  • Reply 138 of 155
    Quote:

You've already quoted them in this thread so why would I repost them? I've done enough reposting already. How about you take the advice I gave you earlier and reread some of the thread? You guys get so blinded you stop discussing and start attacking.

Reread. It'll be good for your karma.

Present things in a clear, uncondescending manner including the sources from which your ludicrous assertions originate. It'll be good for your karma.

You obviously don't give a shit about convincing others because asserting something and then telling others to look up the damn source themselves isn't going to change anyone's mind.

The sky is neon brown. I heard it on the radio somewhere.
  • Reply 139 of 155
    It's all on page one I believe.

BR, you basically had to apoligize to me and admit I was right. That's back on page one as well. I guess that's embarassing enough for you that you don't want to revisit it.
  • Reply 140 of 155
    Quote:

It's all on page one I believe.

BR, you basically had to apoligize to me and admit I was right. That's back on page one as well. I guess that's embarassing enough for you that you don't want to revisit it.

Don't be a dumbass. You're just throwing me forgetting one thing you said after I was up all night writing a term paper back in my face so you can avoid revisiting things. I asked if you thought the number was credible, not just real, anyway.

Just provide some fvcking sources like a good little nuttybuddy and people might respect you a little more.