Jaguar, Panther and now Lily?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    my dog used to be ok with cats.

then a stray took a swing at him. now he attacks them on sight. it's actually kind of annoying. he's strong, almost pulls me off my feet if i'm not prepared.
  • Reply 42 of 47
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

I actually like to watch shows about big cats and can admire them from afar. What I mean is, were I to run into sayyyy... a mountain lion (I know, 150 lbs is a BIG dog)... while out hiking in... the mountains, I might be a little, uh... unnerved. But don't get me wrong, I'd fight and throw stones and all that until it decided it wanted to rip my guts out, then I'd die painfully and quickly.

My understanding is that some cat species are more aggressive than others, but in many ways they are very much the same.

We are thinking about getting a youngish abandoned caracal. From everything I can tell, they supposedly have the same behaviors as normal house cats (totally litter trainable, too) and are even trained to hunt in some middle eastern and south asian countries.

Plus, they are only about 2-3 times the size of house cats, so they aren't that big. 30-40 pounds or so.

I've seen people claim that studies have shown small to mid-size cats to be safer than dogs, but I'm still hunting them down. From my own research looking at reports for various species, it seems it could be true. Unfortunately, many people buy larger cats and then abandon them when they get older, or just act fvcking stoopit and let their three year walk around a full grown 'pet' tiger (which is, um, just a little too big of a cat to have as a pet, ya know?). It's unreal that people are that fvcking dense, but it's totally and completely true. And, yeah, some of these kids get mauled and killed. Of course, dogs kill almost 20 people a year in the US, too. Did you know there are ~15,000 pet tigers just in the US, compared to ~5000 in the wild worldwide? I wonder how many of that number just get neglected and abused. The exotic pet trade is so screwed up.
  • Reply 43 of 47
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Originally posted by burningwheel

nice person

No, he's just weak trying to look tough.
  • Reply 44 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

No, he's just weak trying to look tough.

whatever, I am a bad mofo....really. just LOOK

Merry Christmas, Randy
  • Reply 45 of 47
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    q. What's the difference between dogs and cats?

a. Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

But I love cats! And Fellowship, that one is the cutest ever!

• Reply 46 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by sammi jo

But I love cats! And Fellowship, that one is the cutest ever!

Thank you

I just hope THIS never happens to Lily or any other kitty. What an amazing story however

Fellows
  • Reply 47 of 47
    Quote:

Originally posted by FellowshipChurch iBook

Thank you

I just hope THIS never happens to Lily or any other kitty. What an amazing story however

Fellows

Fellows, what you need here is a small radioactive homing device secured on the cat's collar. You would then be able to spot the cat even from outer space.