NFL Playoffs 2003-2004: The Official Thread

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Damn
  • Reply 62 of 73
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    like i said, adam, just retire... you can't top doing this twice in your career.

jake and the kats did their best.

one hell of a game... well, okay, the final 33 minutes of it.
  • Reply 63 of 73
    ha! i predicted pats by 3 or less.

would have made money had i bet any.
  • Reply 64 of 73
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Woot Pats! I actually got to watch the game this time too. Two years ago, I was terribly sick, and I sort of remember watching the game winning field goal and thinking, "Oh great, now you're delusional."

Not this time.
  • Reply 65 of 73
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

wooooo -- now THAT was a sweet fly pattern from delhomme to smith.

NOW we got a game..!

and now, from brady to branch. yep, let that skin fly, baby!

the ADs sucked... u didn't miss a thing
  • Reply 66 of 73
    can't say i didn't perdict this
  • Reply 67 of 73
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Wow, what a game. Better than Super Bowl XXXVI, though it can't touch Super Bowl XXXV. Tom Brady MVP? I don't know about that. If anything, Belichick should be MVP. The guy can do no wrong. I just remember the fake punt intentional safety he pulled against the Broncos on MNF. That was ridiculous...but it worked.

To me, Delhomme was the more impressive QB in the second half, having to come from behind in a hurry-up offense more than once...more than twice. It's players on the losing teams never get recognized for their outstanding performances.

Less than 3 complete seasons, two Super Bowls, two MVPs? Woohoo for the local kid. I should have gone to Serra High.

49er front office take notes please... Good kickers win lots of football games (Vinatieri)...important ones. They also lose their share of important ones (Kasay). Crappy kickers like Cortez, Chandler, Pochman, Peterson LOSE football games. Do the only truly smart thing the Raiders have done in the last half decade, draft a decent kicker and try to stick with him.
  • Reply 68 of 73
    Quote:

Wow, what a game. Better than Super Bowl XXXVI, though it can't touch Super Bowl XXXV.

I think you are thinking of Super Bowl 34, the Titans-Rams game. Unless my memory is off Super Bowl 35 was the Ravens-Giants game which sucked donkey testicle. Even still, this game was better than number 34. Back and forth with 36 points in the fourth quarter. Four scores in the last seven minutes, three of which gave the scoring team the lead and the other tied the game with 68 seconds left. Probably not the absolute best played game but definitely the best Super Bowl of the last 20 years IMO. Some people probably found the first half boring but it was very well played. There was kind of a theme at the beginning of whether or not the Patroits could knock them out early but they couldn't convert on some short 3rd downs and also had the two stops and then missed FGs. Crazy game too going from defensive domination in the first third of the game to the last third where neither offense could be stopped. Great game all around.
  • Reply 69 of 73
    Yeah, I totally forgot about the Ravens-Giants game...Threw off my count backward.
  • Reply 70 of 73
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    hey, what happens when the get to super bowl forty?

Super Bowl XL?

edit: or even better, when they get up to the fifties...

Super Bowl L!

Super Bowl LI!

Super Bowl LII!

Super Bowl LIII!

Super Bowl LIV!

i would hate to be the firm in charge of branding those games with logos that were even remotely impressive...
  • Reply 71 of 73
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

. . . Less than 3 complete seasons, two Super Bowls, two MVPs? Woohoo for the local kid. I should have gone to Serra High.

I went to San Mateo . . .

We always played Serra and they were always good for a buncha CthlcBoooyeez . . . Serra boys . . . we used to call them

What High school did/do you attend Eugene?
  • Reply 72 of 73
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

I went to San Mateo . . .

We always played Serra and they were always good for a buncha CthlcBoooyeez . . . Serra boys . . . we used to call them

What High school did/do you attend Eugene?

Crystal Springs Uplands. We only ever played public schools in pre-season games/matches. I don't think Serra was in our division either.

Is it me or do Catholic schools always seem to put a heavy emphasis on athletics?
  • Reply 73 of 73
    YEAH PATS WON...YAH BABY.. GIL SANTOS' VOICE WILL BE FOREVER IN MY MIND...AGAIN