Movie you're most looking forward to in 2004?

homhom
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Seeing as how much of a hit \ the best movie of 2003 thread was, why not in the tradition of hollywood use the goodwill and create a sequel

Being a Classics geek, I guess I'm most looking forward to Troy. I know, I know, Brad Pitt ect, but the teaser trailer has gotten me very excited about this. Also I like Wolfgang Petersen's other movies. I think he has the best chance of making this good and not being an American may allow him some better insight into the story.

I was suprised when I saw the trailer for Sky Captin and the World of Tomorrow. It looks like an action movie that is not a traditional blow-em-up. The visual style instantly grabbed my attention.

So now that LoTR is finally over what are you looking forward to?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 60
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Wolfgang Petersen did The Perfect Storm, which was totally blah. Probably hard to screw up that Troy though...for the action movie formula it's going to follow. Pretty foolproof.

Sky Captain looks absolutely horrible. I'm sorry. Waste of a good cast too. Jude, Angelina, Gwyneth, Giovanni Ribisi.

Obviously, the Jobs influence means The Incredibles should be high on my list.

There's the Bruckheimer King Arthur which looks awful, but has a scantily clad Keira Knightley, so...

Hellboy is going to rock for sure.
  • Reply 2 of 60
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    Ummmm, helloooo? Spider-Man 2 anyone?

Re: Troy: a friend of mine wandered onto one of their sets down in Mexico...said he had some pictures. Hope that Brad Pitt's giant wooden rabbit works!

I thought that Star Wars III : The Cheesy Ending was coming out this year, but I see that ain't until 2005. I hadn't been to the www.starwars.com website for awhile and was shocked at how garish and total Star Wars fanboy they'd gone. New registration scheme to view a lot of the content too...and we used to make fun of the Star Trek fans (well, okay, not really).
  • Reply 3 of 60
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Lord of the Rings Prequel: The Hobbit.

• Reply 4 of 60
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Return of the King: Extended Edition

The Ladykillers

Troy (I'm scared of this one, could be bad.)

Mission Impossible 3 (sue me)

Harry Potter: Azkhaban (sue me again)

Terminal (I love Tom Hanks, sue me thrice)

Spider-man 2 (luster may have worn off, we'll see)

Mad-Max 4 (HELL YEAH BABY!)

A Sound of Thunder

Final Cut (sounds interesting)

Sharkslayer

The Incredibles

The Good Shepherd

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Walk the Line (Could be dangerous. Don't know if I like Joaquin Phoenix as Johnny Cash.)

I hear there's a Spongebob Squarepants movie, so we'll see about that.
  • Reply 5 of 60
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Garfield

The Incredibles

Spider-Man 2

The Polar Express

The Matrix Trilogy DVD box set
  • Reply 6 of 60
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Most of the big studio releases like Troy and Spider-Man 2 don't look half bad.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow is striking to look at, with its all-CGI backgrounds and 1940s setting. Unfortunately, Angelina Jolie is in it, so it will probably suck as bad as the rest of the movies she's been in lately.

Bring on Broken Lizard's Club Dread. Bill Paxton is my god.
  • Reply 7 of 60
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Harry Potter!!! And if I ever get around to seeing the original spider man than I might get excited about spider mad 2.
  • Reply 8 of 60
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    When in the heck is Episode III supposed to come out?

Can't Lucas just release the damn thing and let us thirty-something geeks get on with our lives again?

• Reply 9 of 60
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    The sky captain thing looks like its walking a fine line between being a visual interesting film and wanting to do too many things at the same time.

But I´ll see it.
  • Reply 10 of 60
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    The Incredibles

Hellboy

Spider-Man 2
  • Reply 11 of 60
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Garfield

Any life left in that cat?
  • Reply 12 of 60
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    Spiderman 2

And whats this about a Mission Impossible 3?!
  • Reply 13 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

Any life left in that cat?

Yes indeed. Still read the comic every day. It's most funny when Garfield's making fun of Jon.
  • Reply 14 of 60
    Garfield: The Movie

cause you know if that's a success my dream of The Marmaduke Trilogy will be just around the corner.

hehehe (sigh) oh that marmaduke.
  • Reply 15 of 60
    rara Posts: 623member
    The Punisher
  • Reply 16 of 60
    seriously no one has said KILL BILL: Vol. 2.

i'm kind of hanging on a cliff after vol.1
  • Reply 17 of 60
    whisperwhisper Posts: 735member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

The sky captain thing looks like its walking a fine line between being a visual interesting film and wanting to do too many things at the same time.

But I´ll see it.

I just watched the trailer. It's definitely walking the fine line. Could be good, could be the cheesiest movie of 2004. I'll wait until a friend sees it and then decide if I want to or not.
  • Reply 18 of 60
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

seriously no one has said KILL BILL: Vol. 2.

Oh yeah! That too.
  • Reply 19 of 60
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Punisher and Kill Bill vol. 2

Sky Captain looks reeeeeaaaallly bad... whoa. Sorry man.
  • Reply 20 of 60
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drewprops

Ummmm, helloooo? Spider-Man 2 anyone?

On my way in to work I walk by the sets everyday just to see how they're progressing.

I saw Sam Rami on the Lot a couple of weeks ago.

Last time out they shot a bunch of scenes on a lot next to my apartment building and I got some good footage from my balcont with my DV cam.

Fun stuff.