Where's the leak?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Here we are, with MWSF just a day and a half away, and there's not one single self-assured claim of what's going to happen, backed up by a promise to self-felate if the prediction fails.
  • Reply 22 of 37
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    it's quiet... too quiet
  • Reply 23 of 37
    I don't know whether I'm allowing my own skepticism to lead me into the realm of paranoia, but I'm finding it increasingly hard of late to see the big leaks of recent years (specifically iPod, LCD iMac & G5) as accidental. With the value of hindsight, they just seem too cute and convenient by half.

They have an awful lot in common. They were all about new whiz bang hardware. In terms of reliability, they were all rock solid (Wired, Time Canda, Apple - you can't do much better than that). And the timing of each seemed to ensure any doubting Thomas's who were thinking Apple is irrelevant &/or Macs are slow &/or the G5 is just a myth, were at least paying attention.

In contrast, all the music stuff last year was pre-announced, not the specifics, but they banged the drum beforehand. And in my books, if there was one phrase to sum up Apple's 2003 it would be "timing is everything".

If I really let myself go, I can even start to believe they might be getting into manipulating the old tribal mind just a tad. Very convenient those miniPod rumours didn't hit the mainstream media until after Xmas if they turn out to be true.

And if it is all just been serendipity, then long may it rule.
  • Reply 24 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Here we are, with MWSF just a day and a half away, and there's not one single self-assured claim of what's going to happen, backed up by a promise to self-felate if the prediction fails.

Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

yeah, where's JYD? Hasn't anybody spilt the beans?

So slow to spot the obvious connection...

pride loss due to bad prediction/self-fellate = spontaneous human combustion

it's like that former soviet roulette detented on the risk-taking mood
  • Reply 25 of 37
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    I'm crossing my fingers for that sneaker-shaped mouse.....
  • Reply 26 of 37
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    all's quiet on the front, its almost eery. I bet its going to be a big one.
  • Reply 27 of 37
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I think so too. The calm before the storm and so forth...

We might all be freaking out (in a good way) 26 hours from now. I think we will. Just a feeling...
  • Reply 28 of 37
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    When Apple said it was making MacWorlds to be less important, they weren't kidding.

They certainly are downplaying this expo. Heck, that stupid AOL guy is still on their website!

Hopefully Steve will surprise us with something.
  • Reply 29 of 37
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Man, last year at this time I'm sure my heart rate was thru the roof. I generally can't sleep before keynotes/Apple events, now I'm cool, calm, and collected. Maybe part of it has to do with the fact I missed the G5 intro b/c I was on vacation, thought I finally did find a internet cafe to grab the info I needed a couple of hours later. Still this is wayyyy to calm to be leading up to a Keynote. Looks like the G5 had a positive impact on the Rumor community by quieting it down.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Crusader

Looks like the G5 had a positive impact on the Rumor community by quieting it down.

How can that be a 'positive impact'? Give me some rumors to chew on dammit!!
  • Reply 31 of 37
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    16 hours and counting and still all we have is bupkas.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    bupkas is low in carbohydrates.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    Like others have said, I think now Apple is in a comfortable spot. They are getting a lot of good press, great product line for the most part, a great hold on the internet music scene, and a whole other set of things going on.

They are now settling into what I think they have been planning on for the past few years.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

I think so too. The calm before the storm and so forth...

We might all be freaking out (in a good way) 26 hours from now. I think we will. Just a feeling...

Is it just me or does this guys posts just make you happy after finishing them, so warm and fuzzy...makes me feel so good to be a Mac user. Haha, seriously though Pscates just has that optimistic effect on me.
  • Reply 35 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by jante99

The web design staff is being held at gun point waiting until 2:00 PM PST on Tuesday when they can upload the new version of apple.com.

Hey, you might just be up to something. It's little over ten hours to go until the Stevenote now, and maybe he actually will show us Apple.com new style?!...

• Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by MCQ

Eh? That was at WWDC.

Well, that is what I meant... Quoting the past. (Not sure of his exact words of course.) Now we can only hope for "one more thing." Or a few... Something like that.