AI Member of the Year (2003)?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 112
    Quote:

And Mount_my_floppy, I'll take one on the left cheek too, please. I have the power to make your life here miserable too. heh heh

Oops, so I`ll mail ya a case of beer then eh? That should last 10 minutes right? ittle be molson..
  • Reply 22 of 112
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

It's like the coach putting up the team roster and you're looking for your name. I love it.

as if it weren't enough that i haven't been nominated (yet?!), but you have to bring up my old failings in h.s. sport teams (yes, all of them). i'm gonna drink a little something to level my head and smoke a little to ease my suffering. (we need a shot-drinking smiley)

Quote:

... so I can sit back and laugh at the rest of you.

oo, and then you laugh at me. well that's the straw that breaks the camels back. i vote murbot. (i'll dispense with mentioning all the runners up, therefore maximizizing the amount of people i'm ommitting, so they can all feel my pain.)
  • Reply 23 of 112
    What, no votes for me? Then I must nominate myself!

And after that, I must award myself the award!

Congradulations, me! I couldn't have done it without me! Please accept this Denny's coupon (good at any time after midnight) and pocket lint! Yeah!!!

You may clap for me now.
  • Reply 24 of 112
    i would vote for that little fella who was always starting a thread wanting to be a moderator.

or JRC, who although gone, will pop back from time to time to make sure he is missed.
  • Reply 25 of 112
    carol acarol a Posts: 1,043member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Fascinating

Powerdoc - I thought it was fascinating, too.

Thanks, Segovius. You're a sweetie.
  • Reply 26 of 112
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Awww. Keep it up and we might have to vote you as our first "AI Woman of the Year" next January. Time Magazine, eat your heart out...

• Reply 27 of 112
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    at this rate we could do an AI calander in about 5 more years.
  • Reply 28 of 112
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Another for Powerdoc as mod of the year.

FCiB or Programmer as member of the year. Too different to compare, but they both really stand out. Programmer for obvious reasons, and FCiB because he is always surprising me.

I'd put Kickaha in there somewhere, but since I think Powerdoc definitely gets the moderator nod, I'm not sure where.
  • Reply 29 of 112
    I pic...Carol A because I still feel bad for poking fun at her name...

Well as long as FellowshipChurch iBook does not get it I am happy. JK
  • Reply 30 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Awww. Keep it up and we might have to vote you as our first "AI Woman of the Year" next January. Time Magazine, eat your heart out...

Hi Moogs - Well, Segovius is the one who told me about this place. (I know him from another board.) So we really do "know" each other.

He is an amazing person.
  • Reply 31 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

Hi Moogs - Well, Segovius is the one who told me about this place. (I know him from another board.) So we really do "know" each other.

He is an amazing person.

but he hates the accordion!
  • Reply 32 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

I pic...Carol A because I still feel bad for poking fun at her name...

Well as long as FellowshipChurch iBook does not get it I am happy. JK

Thanks, Wickes, but no worries. You didn't hurt my feelings, honestly. I've never liked my name either.
  • Reply 33 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

but he hates the accordion!

I'm not too crazy about the accordion myself!
  • Reply 34 of 112
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carol A

I'm not too crazy about the accordion myself!

maird!
  • Reply 35 of 112
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    in honor of our forgotten heros, I pick users that registered but never have posted. We miss you guys.
  • Reply 36 of 112
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Fellows,

Judging by that list of yours I now understand why your on line more than anyone else.

I really don't have time to read everyone's post. So, I tend to scan and speed read whenever I get the chance.

You get my respect for both your tolerance & for your willingness to see past the slings and arrows that used to get hurled at you when you were just starting out...

Finally and most importantly, you definitely will get my vote for Ai'er of the year if you manage to keep your promise to:

"take BR with me to heaven"..

That still brings on the chuckles.

Aqua.
  • Reply 37 of 112
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I don't think there could be one person I could think of. But all the mods and admins are awesome, not to suck up (right now...) but because they keep AI the best forum I go to, and with a sense of humor too. And they do it all for fun. Other than that, this place wouldn't be nearly as great with out people like thegelding, pscates, etc. And Mount_My_Floppy for introducing me to AI way back when.

You guys are great,I love you guys *tear*
  • Reply 38 of 112
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I think I'd vote for Kickaha for mod of the year. PowerDoc is great too. I think I voted for Amorph last year. And Brad is really an admin, so he doesn't count. Haven't seen too much of Lo-Cash lately though. Maybe he/she should be mod of the year for being so hands-off.

I'll nominate hmurchison and alcimedes for members of the year since I just feel like they're on an even keel, they seem to post at a nice even pace, and post worthwhile opinions when they do.

Moogs is honorable mention since he rembered me (aw, shucks 8) ) and is a hockey fan (I still look at your handle and think you're a Bruins fan though).
  • Reply 39 of 112
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Nah the Bruins are too good a team. I like the abuse of being a Pittsburgh fan (though I'm admittedly a big Canuck fan, which isn't so bad these days).

Just to clarify (for Carol A and the benefit of all), I don't like the Accordion anymore than Segovius, but if I am drunk enough I might be inclined to dance a Polka. Chicken dance maybe. Don't laugh; it could happen.
  • Reply 40 of 112
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Well, by my count (and when I say count I mean estimate) the race currently stands thusly:

1. Fellows with like 287 votes

2. Murbot with 94

3. Programmer with 83

4. Powerdock with 79

5. Brad with 75

6. Everyone else with 2 each

7. DMBand0026 with 0

Maybe sometime in the next few days I (and when I say I, I mean someone else) will actually total this up so we can figure out the real winner.