Homestar Runner

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Have any of you seen www.homestarrunner.com? Do you like it? I think that it's totally awesome! I check it everyday! This has to be singly the best flash series on the internet. There are new icons for OS X, and I want to see how they look at 128*128. So, could someone try them out?

http://homestarrunner.com/homester.html

Click the second white button on the right of the screen (may/may not be flashing 'NEW'), click OS X icons, dl them, temporarily (until you realize how totally awesome they are!) use them as an icon, and take a screenshot. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Homestar Runner is a well-known favorite around here. Great stuff!

I'll d/l the icons and post them here in a little while.

EDIT: See below.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    [plug]There's also a fourm at http://forum.homestarrules.com/index.php . I'm 'The Jolly Dumple'. There was one at www.homestarrunner.net, but it ran out of money, but should be back soon...[/plug]
  • Reply 3 of 25
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    The screen capture on the second set went a little weird. The icons look fine normally. Here they are at full res:

• Reply 4 of 25
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    i was given the homestar runner figurine set for xmas, so, yeah, i'm a fan.
  • Reply 5 of 25
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Everybody loves homestarrunner 8)
  • Reply 6 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dogcow

Everybody loves the homestarrunner 8)

• Reply 7 of 25
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    all the icons look okay except homsar... what the heck is going on with that hilite/shadow?
  • Reply 8 of 25
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    too bad there is no "eh, steve!" icon... (was eh steve before or after southpark's towlie?
  • Reply 9 of 25
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    obligatory "i liked it before it was popular" reply
  • Reply 10 of 25
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

obligatory "I never liked it" reply.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

it ISN'T popular...
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

it ISN'T popular...

Ahem.... The welcome speech refers to www.homestarrunner.net , which was a fan site. There were 4500+ members, out of about 250,000 hits per day on www.homestarrunner.com
  • Reply 13 of 25
    ive RARELY heard of it outside the "internet" crowd...

I think I've talked about it ITRW with about 3 people...

maybe the main thing is... people know about it... but it isn't THAT big of a deal to know HSR...

its freakin' hilarious tho...

I bet of the people I know who regularly use the internet less then 20% know about HSR...
  • Reply 14 of 25
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    I don't really like it. I do find some of the emails what's his name reads though, they are humorous. I always thought it was completely annoying until the one email about how to make your own website.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    i guess i didn't mention it is the most hilarious thing ever. i suppose that has been covered though. i'm just trying to get 900 posts
  • Reply 16 of 25
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Good stuff. We watch it in my class at least once a week (well we are a networking/comp. tech class so...). I have a friend who can do the voices perfectly. Good stuff all around.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I've liked this site forever. It's getting really popular among college age kinds lately. I was walking down the hall one day when I heard the "Everybody, Everybody" theme coming out of a teacher's office.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    dogcowdogcow Posts: 713member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

it ISN'T popular...

I bet if you ask people, they would know.

I occasionally slip in a quote or reference from h*s when talking to people. You immediately know if they get it if it just slips under the radar for them.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I've liked this site forever. It's getting really popular among college age kinds lately. I was walking down the hall one day when I heard the "Everybody, Everybody" theme coming out of a teacher's office.

ah, there it is!
  • Reply 20 of 25
    well yeah, up here there are quite a few people who know about it...

but I'm talking mostly about people back in NY...