Logic Pro 6 is out . . . and $300.00 for students :wow:

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    I'm pretty stoked about Logic Express, but I am going to wait until version 2. I have a suspicion that like Final Cut Express, version 2 will carry with it some extra features that are very useful. I notice for example, that some very basic plugins are not supported, such as NoiseGate.

I am hoping v2 basically is identical to Pro excepting where number of instruments, TDM and other pro-only features are concerned. IOW, it won't lack for filters and virtual synths the way it currently does. Although I believe, since it has ReWire support, you can use Logic Express with Reason, should you be in need of good virtual rack instruments.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

I have two friends who've both used pretty much everything. One says DP is the best, and the other says Nuendo is the most amazing software in the world. I've used both, but I haven't had enough experience with DP to decide which I like better.

My computer can boot OS 9, I just don't like to. 8)

I think DP4.1 will outlast Nuendo. It is a little daunting at first, but I think it is the better program. And their hardware is priced well too. It is only in version 4 and it is already very robust.