me too i almost posted it myself
  • Reply 23 of 38
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

I love this..

its only 20 bucks but 20 is almost 20 more than 0

• Reply 24 of 38
    The iPod mini colors are so sexually-deviant.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Explanation.

iPods are currently available off store shelves whereas only places like Amazon and other e-tailers have pre-orders available for the mini. I wonder which will be on top in March or April when the buzz has died down.

Hmm Amazon preorders have disappeared. In fact, the product pages for 4 of the models have disappeared completely (not standard procedure). I wonder if Apple's telling them not to take preorders....
  • Reply 26 of 38
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    maybe, just a thought, apple's "top sellers" list is not that reliable? perhaps even slightly *gasp* fabricated to give hype to new products?

i mean, is there anything forcing apple to actually be truthful about this list? i doubt it.
  • Reply 27 of 38
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    the ranks of each of the products on the apple store top seller list include ALL CONFIGS of that model...

for example you will see the iPod (mini) as the only iPod on the store (#1)

the PowerBook 15" (which does NOT start at $1599 like they say) (#5)

iBook (#8 )

iMac (which I assume includes eMac sales) (#9)

and the PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (which does NOT start at $1799) (#10) rounding out the top 10....

there is only one model from each line...

I find it hard to believe that the eMac is NOT on the top 20 at all when .Mac and the iSight are 16 and 14 respectively.... as well as every other model of the mac line being on the list...

also notice the absence of the cinema displays... something screwy is going on... it seems the "top sellers" are a glorified marketing tool...
  • Reply 28 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

it seems the "top sellers" are a glorified marketing tool...

yes, in a way, but i have no doubt that ipods (as a whole) are top sellers, as well as the other product LINES in the top 20.
  • Reply 29 of 38
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

yes, in a way, but i have no doubt that ipods (as a whole) are top sellers, as well as the other product LINES in the top 20.

since when are the eMac and iMac the same line... MAJOR difference here...

also, does that mean that cinima display sales should count for Power sales as well?
  • Reply 30 of 38
    Quote:

also, does that mean that cinima display sales should count for Power sales as well?

i agree with you there. i dont think emac sales are substantial enough to count by themselves, but cinema displays should be separate.
  • Reply 31 of 38
    the mini is probally being ordered so much just because its new and has taken up all ipod orders. i know that if i just finished saving cash to buy an ipod id get a mini in its stead. i dont need 10 thousand or even 3 thousand
  • Reply 32 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by PS5533

the mini is probally being ordered so much just because its new and has taken up all ipod orders. i know that if i just finished saving cash to buy an ipod id get a mini in its stead. i dont need 10 thousand or even 3 thousand

And that is exactly what I did. x2
  • Reply 33 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

And that is exactly what I did. x2

i was going to get an ipod 10 gig but now i'm just getting the extra small 4 gig
  • Reply 34 of 38
    Quote:

i was going to get an ipod 10 gig but now i'm just getting the extra small 4 gig

You wont be dissapointed, I'm sure. I have the money to get whatever iPod I want, but the size difference is incredible to me. I dont need a player to hold more than 1 k worth of songs, I can mix and match what I want to be on it out of my 2500 song collection. It is perfect for running at the gym with, lifting, and for the car. I havent been this excited about a product since the original iPod, which I recently sold to my oldest brother for $50! That's right, I am a miniature freak, and anything as small and functional as the mini is worth my money. I cant wait...It better ship before Feb 16...My order status says 'on or before Feb 16th.'\
  • Reply 35 of 38
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

You wont be dissapointed, I'm sure. I have the money to get whatever iPod I want, but the size difference is incredible to me. I dont need a player to hold more than 1 k worth of songs, I can mix and match what I want to be on it out of my 2500 song collection. It is perfect for running at the gym with, lifting, and for the car. I havent been this excited about a product since the original iPod, which I recently sold to my oldest brother for $50! That's right, I am a miniature freak, and anything as small and functional as the mini is worth my money. I cant wait...It better ship before Feb 16...My order status says 'on or before Feb 16th.'\

yah i syked too but 1 question... can you use the ipod assecories in the mini..like itrip and the fm transmitter and other of the sort?
  • Reply 36 of 38
    Quote:

That is so about the iMac and eMac, but the company has done that before. When Apple reported its first quarter earnings for 2004, the sales figures for the iMac included the eMac. Check the "data summary" on that page for the figures, in PDF format.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    Quote:

yah i syked too but 1 question... can you use the ipod assecories in the mini..like itrip and the fm transmitter and other of the sort?

I would assume the iTrip works just fine on the mini considering it plugs into the headphone jack. Some stuff doesnt work with it, but Apple has some links to mini only accessories.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/accessories.html