Dean gets SPANKED in Iowa

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
So far the numbers are Kerry 36% Edwards 34% and the "good Docotor" at 18% Begining of the end for Dean?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 54
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    No. It's not even 9:00pm yet. Christ...
  • Reply 2 of 54
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That rat Edwards got second?!?!?!

Oh dear christ on a stick.

What a putz.
  • Reply 3 of 54
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Wow, if Dean truly does come in third, maybe he'll lose in NH too. Then maybe someone who's actually electable can get the nomination. If Kerry wins though, it'll be interesting to see who wins between Clark and Kerry in NH and then afterwards. Either would be great candidates in the general election.
  • Reply 4 of 54
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    well, dean's gonna finally realize that he can't just say ANYthing and get away with it. but it may be too late...

kickaha, funny your comments about edwards. my father-in-law (also from nc, as is my wife's entire family) feel the same way. but he seems to give a warm-fuzzy to anyone not from there.

right now, it seems that wesley clark made a good move in avoiding iowa. his military prowess would have paled in comparison to the "hero" quality of kerry, and his intellectual goodness would have bene lost on iowans in general. plus, as the mud started a-slingin', he would have either had to sling back or take it. meanwhile, he's been building well in new hamphire without falling into this motley group of fools.

read an interesting thing the other day. if you're in the ring with a bunch of clowns, you'll look like a clown, no matter how hard you try not to. if you're reciting shakespeare while clowns tumble and gag and dance and joke around you, you'll just look like a clown reciting shakespeare. i think clark managed to stay out of this circus much to his benefit.
  • Reply 5 of 54
    Go here for my real rant.

He's managed to keep a lot of his performance (or lack thereof) out of the national media. He's a spinmeister par excellance.
  • Reply 6 of 54
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kickaha

That rat Edwards got second?!?!?!

Oh dear christ on a stick.

What a putz.

Have a "thing" against trial lawyers?
  • Reply 7 of 54
    No, I have a thing against people who run for Senate, on a platform of fighting for the citizens, manage to have one of the lowest voting turnouts in the entire Senate, then two years into their first six-year term state that they're essentially giving up the job to run for Prez.

Lame. He let down precisely those people who voted for him and believed in him.
  • Reply 8 of 54
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Dean peaked a little early, mebbe?

JUST MAYBE?? Novelty wearing off?

I'm sticking to my guns. Kerry's the best choice for a Democratic nomination. Not Clark (no experience), not Dean (crackpot), not Gephardt (bitter, bitter man). Don't know about Edwards...

SPJ once wrote:
    Quote:

It is crazy, but I don't see much momentum in Kerry's campaign at all. I rank Gephardt as a more viable (although wild-card) VP candidate based largely on the union endorsements he would bring to the table.

Who the hell is John Kerry if Wesley Clark joins the race- as expected?

• Reply 9 of 54
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Lame. He let down precisely those people who voted for him and believed in him.

Kind of odd people still wanted him enough for him to place second.

I'm pretty sure people in Iowa don't feel the same as you.
  • Reply 10 of 54
    Yeah, he didn't screw them over.

Yet.
  • Reply 11 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

Kind of odd people still wanted him enough for him to place second.

I'm pretty sure people in Iowa don't feel the same as you.

yes, but unfortunately, most people are very, very stupid.
  • Reply 12 of 54
    Yeah, no kidding.

C'mon Amorph! 'Splain your peeps here!
  • Reply 13 of 54
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

yes, but unfortunately, most people are very, very stupid.

Heh...a career/professional politican interested in his own career with a pretty-boy, fuzzy-warm feeling, image? Heh. I guess I'll have to keep those attributes in mind when I'm trying to drum up stupid people support.

• Reply 14 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

Heh...a career/professional politican interested in his own career with a pretty-boy, fuzzy-warm feeling, image? Heh. I guess I'll have to keep those attributes in mind when I'm trying to drum up stupid people support.

arnold schwarzeneggar

george w. bush

bill clinton

(okay, maybe not the "career politician" so much, but EACH of the three above had that "fuzzy-warm" feeling, whereas their opponents -- gray davis, al gore, bob dole -- did not)

amazingly enough, they DO get elected. which is why i have read more than one article saying edwards is the one candidate the republicans fear the most.
  • Reply 15 of 54
    Yeah, because it's hard to argue against a veneer of warm fuzzies.

If he had even a modicum of substance, there might be something to argue with, but he doesn't. It's all PR and spin for him.

I think it's unreal that he has the rest of the country snowed so much. *boggle*
  • Reply 16 of 54
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    Well Gephart's out now. Rok, I do have to say that the only reason Bush had fuzziness is the same reason why a human looks good next to a humanoid from the planet drone.
  • Reply 17 of 54
    Alexandra Kerry is hot.
  • Reply 18 of 54
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

arnold schwarzeneggar

george w. bush

bill clinton

Hate Bush.

Arnold shouldn't be in office.

Besides the scandal, I always liked and still like clinton.

Gore would have been better.

I just don't know what to say, I don't think there are going to be an presidential candidates I like my first year of being able to vote \
  • Reply 19 of 54
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Yeah, because it's hard to argue against a veneer of warm fuzzies.

If he had even a modicum of substance, there might be something to argue with, but he doesn't. It's all PR and spin for him.

I think it's unreal that he has the rest of the country snowed so much. *boggle*

About Edwards and his lack of substance (link in other thread, but since Kick keeps on trashing him in different threads, I'll post this here too).

Quote:

Education, as an electoral issue, is a funny thing--polls consistently put it at or near the top of voter concerns, and yet it rarely figures prominently in national elections. As a result, few candidates make it a signature issue. And yet, though he's received frustratingly little press for it, that's just what John Edwards has done. For almost a year he has been rolling out what is now a long list of specific policy proposals. This week he put out a 60-page "Real Solutions for America" booklet that included everything from college-loan reform to teacher scholarships to adopt-a-school programs for colleges and universities. The brilliance of Edwards's approach is to develop reasonable, relatively inexpensive programs that, taken as a whole, add up to a coherent and imminently workable solution to America's education malaise.

The point of this editorial is that Edwards has been substantive, and much more substantive than others on that particular issue, but the media has ignored it. It wouldn't surprise me if the NC press is against a Democratic politician in an extremely conservative state, but that doesn't mean NC knows something the rest of the country doesn't - it could simply mean the NC press is biased in its own way.
  • Reply 20 of 54
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

SPJ once wrote:

You were certainly right!