more features for the ipod

Comments

• Reply 41 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by scavanger

Bah. No more DJ suggestions. First off, if you are a DJ and have ever scratched you'll realize that it requires a Mixer and a Turntable (Digital or Vinyl) Secondly, scratching on a dial that small would pain anyone since I don't possiblely see how you could mimic the the movements exactly. Thirdly, if you want to be a DJ go get some Denon DN-s5000's or wait for the new 1200s from Technics.

I would like to see an input function tho, so I can record to the iPod. MiniDisc is still owning the iPod in that respect.

ok sorry. i was just trying to do some people a favor... go write your own emails...
  • Reply 42 of 65
    ROFL. No offense to you or anything, its just any time someone usually requests these features, I'll just go on a little rant... its being a DJ I guess... we are somewhat protective of our skills. lol.
  • Reply 43 of 65
    Quote:

Bah. No more DJ suggestions. First off, if you are a DJ and have ever scratched you'll realize that it requires a Mixer and a Turntable (Digital or Vinyl) Secondly, scratching on a dial that small would pain anyone since I don't possiblely see how you could mimic the the movements exactly. Thirdly, if you want to be a DJ go get some Denon DN-s5000's or wait for the new 1200s from Technics.

I would like to see an input function tho, so I can record to the iPod. MiniDisc is still owning the iPod in that respect.

i do dj, and i realize it would no be as good as a turntable by any means, and i wouldn't use it for gigs anyway, i just want to be able to do it for my self, as well as for like just regular parties, just for fun, not dances
  • Reply 44 of 65
    Fair enough... I remember the days when I used Tape Decks to DJ parties too.... But for all realism... unless apple plans to license the Digital Scratch technology from Pioneer, Denon, or Technics, I don't think it's going to happen. But you also have to remember the quality issue with AAC 128 files, I've used 192 mp3 files before and have had distortion, pure wav's seem to work best.

Pitch control would be a nice feature tho.
  • Reply 45 of 65
    pitch control would rock!
  • Reply 46 of 65
    Quote:

Originally posted by krisneph

What about bluetooth enebled iPod with software to control your Mac. You could have a Keynote slide show and with a click of a button you could control it. This could also work with the iLife appz. Being able to control iTunes and iPhoto would be awesome. This is already possible with Palm Pilots how hard would it be to build that in to the iPod.

And what about being able to control your TV and DVD player right from your iPod. My cousin has a 200.00 remote that he won at work. That would rock if the iPod had those type of abilities. It would defenately become it's own platform if it isn't already.

dude, that would so rock!!
  • Reply 47 of 65
    I don't consider a guy that just mixes 2 records togehter a DJ. DJ'ing is an artform which is expressed by turntablist. Mix DJ's get little respect from Turntablists.... If you can mix, scratch, juggle, and remix then you are a real DJ, otherwise you are a guy with a computer program who thinks he's cool.
  • Reply 48 of 65
    I dance to alot of stuff... electronic and all. I scratch in my sets, becuase I use alot of ghettotech stuff, being from Detroit its popular here. I'm big into breakin' as well so all that hip hop influence effects me. There are times when scratching is appropiate and not, but most clubs here are not just techno, and not just hiphop... so it works pretty good I'd think.
  • Reply 49 of 65
    looks like they're trying to move ipods today offering 10% off on ipods today and tommorow:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ts/AppleStore/
  • Reply 50 of 65
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by futuremac

looks like they're trying to move ipods today offering 10% off on ipods today and tommorow:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...ts/AppleStore/

Valid in Canada as well. Not on educational pricing however. Still, this takes prices down lower than educational, which is pretty sweet since I've never seen a sale priced iPod in my neck of the woods.
  • Reply 51 of 65
    It's still 10 cents more expensive for me using the discount instead of edu.
  • Reply 52 of 65
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

It's still 10 cents more expensive for me using the discount instead of edu.

In Canada at least, sale vs. edu price:

15 GB: $359.10 vs. $365.00

20 GB: $494.10 vs. $525.00

40 GB: $629.10 vs. $649.00

Nice difference on the 20 gigger
  • Reply 53 of 65
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

Valid in Canada as well. Not on educational pricing however. Still, this takes prices down lower than educational, which is pretty sweet since I've never seen a sale priced iPod in my neck of the woods.

something's wrong then, sales must be down or something. Why would Apple lower the price, it's supposed to be their best product? Unless the mini is doing too well? Is anyone else expecting a new iPod in April, cos I read something about Apple working on a new iPod for April (this was just after last april)?
  • Reply 54 of 65
    Quote:

I dance to alot of stuff... electronic and all. I scratch in my sets, becuase I use alot of ghettotech stuff, being from Detroit its popular here. I'm big into breakin' as well so all that hip hop influence effects me. There are times when scratching is appropiate and not, but most clubs here are not just techno, and not just hiphop... so it works pretty good I'd think.

i like both a combo of hip hop/techno at the clubs, what's really good is hip hop dance music, like the song "i am i be"
  • Reply 55 of 65
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Song queueing. In iTunes, this can be done by creating a playlist (let's call it "queue") and then dragging songs you want to hear into the playlist. Start out with a song you want, start the playlist going, then add songs you want to hear to the playlist.

The iPod's On-The-Go playlist does not work the same way. If you're listening to your OTG playlist, and you add to it, you have to stop, start a different playlist, then restart the OTG playlist in order for it to refresh the song list. Pretty pointless if you ask me. I would like if smart playlists and OTG playlists would auto-update and auto-refresh, without having to stop and start them.
  • Reply 56 of 65
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Song queueing. In iTunes, this can be done by creating a playlist (let's call it "queue") and then dragging songs you want to hear into the playlist. Start out with a song you want, start the playlist going, then add songs you want to hear to the playlist.

The iPod's On-The-Go playlist does not work the same way. If you're listening to your OTG playlist, and you add to it, you have to stop, start a different playlist, then restart the OTG playlist in order for it to refresh the song list. Pretty pointless if you ask me. I would like if smart playlists and OTG playlists would auto-update and auto-refresh, without having to stop and start them.

I use on-tho-go playlists, and I thought it updated itself, because I add songs once i've started playing and it plays them? Which iPod have you got?

Yep, I've just checked, it does automatically update your on-tho-go and carry on playing, the smart playlists don't update as well though.
  • Reply 57 of 65
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    It's so damned simple to do: a BUILT-IN MICROPHONE! This would be especially useful on the iPod mini, which is just about the perfect size and shape to be a recorder.

Followed by FM and DAB tuners.
  • Reply 58 of 65
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    and you are going to squeeze a DAB tuner into an ipod how?
  • Reply 59 of 65
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    does anyone have an idea when (or if) this is coming out:

http://www.xtrememac.com/foripod/xtremity.shtml ???

reminds me of the old treo add-on packs
  • Reply 60 of 65
    http://www.xoplay.com/ just announced a new Game for iPod.

Quote:

The adventure story game called 'The Rise Of The Lost' puts you in the role of Sir Jacob Zaviour. Your mission is to travel through lands and fight the evil Wizard Sazque. As you read through the adventure you will be asked to choose your destiny by selecting from a number of options found at the bottom of the page. Similar to the 'choose-your-own-adventure' series.

The game costs $9.99 is played via the notes section of your iPod