Marijuana Overdose

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Anybody here ever mess with "liquid" THC?
  • Reply 22 of 28
    http://www.drug-overdose.com/marijuana.htm :

The Drug Awareness Warning Network Annual Report, published by the US federal government contains a statistical compilation of all drug deaths which occur in the United States. According to this report, there has never been a death recorded from the use of marijuana by natural causes. Unlike opiates, barbiturates or amphetamines, there seems to be little risk from the use of large amounts of marijuana. When a person smokes too much they feel very tired and lie down. When people swallow large amounts of hashish, occasionally they get sick to their stomach.

Marijuana's effect on the user depends on the strength or potency of the THC it contains. THC potency has increased since the 1970s but has been about the same since the mid-1980s. The strength of the drug is measured by the average amount of THC in test samples confiscated by law enforcement agencies. THC is the chemical in marijuana which makes you feel "high" (which means experiencing a change in mood and seeing or feeling things differently). Certain parts of the plant contain higher levels of THC. The flowers or buds have more THC than the stems or leaves.

--

I doubt that the story posted is credible. They weren't even sure whether or not he ate any. Now, if they really wanted to prove their point that you can OD on Marijuana, don't you think a years time is more than enough to perform an autopsy to back their story up? Without that this is just another war on drugs pipe dream.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jante99 View Post

The main point of the article is that the guy smoked six joints a day for 11 years straight. Eventually the build up of THC must have gotten to him.

You obviously dont know shit about pot then. Six joints a day for 11 years is not that long compared to many marijuana users.

There are people who smoke 14 grams of like the best pot in the world (atleast 15% THC) and dont die.

It has to have been something other than the pot that killed him.

The absolute biggest danger with Marijuana is prohibition. This lets the black market control the supply of pot and they can do pretty much anything they want to it. Pesticides, fertilizers, and other "enhancers" that can be poisonous. These are thousands of times more harmful that pot alone would ever be. If the government would regulate it and have controlled growing operations then this problem would disappear.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Lol this story is from 2004. Thanks for brining it back up because its a good issue but this story is old. Didnt catch it at first.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    I had a marijuana overdose two nights ago. I have been asleep for the whole night and whole day yesterday without feeling hungry. I swallowed a hashish the size of my thumb when i was drunk. and that hashish was very powerful for it is the pollen that i took in. the flower has more toxins than the stem or leaf.

Here are what I experienced during the overdose..... good thing i had my girlfriend with me to take care of me. There are a lot of hallucinations. I remember a bomb explosion that is so loud but there never was a bomb. We were in this dark hangout place but I kept seeing blinking lights. the place where we had our fun, there were no blinking lights. The place is dimmed. I also remember my girlfriend having wings and blinking as well. she is blinking orange light.

When we got to the hotel, I was washing my face with the faucet not turned on. I remember that even the hotel owner helped me into our room.

Here is what scared my girlfriend, i was breathing so heavily like something is blocking my throat. She wanted to rush me to the hospital but i kept saying no.

Drugs will always be drugs guys. Even if they say that it is safe, it is still a drug. No matter what the studies will say about marijuana, it messes up with your brain. hehehehe. I just want to share something here guys.

And this kind of changed my life too..... I guess I have learned the hard way. this getting high thing is worst than getting drunk. as for me from now on, I would rather stick with getting drunk.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    this is just propaganda
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ivermad View Post

I had a marijuana overdose two nights ago. I have been asleep for the whole night and whole day yesterday without feeling hungry. I swallowed a hashish the size of my thumb when i was drunk. and that hashish was very powerful for it is the pollen that i took in. the flower has more toxins than the stem or leaf.

Here are what I experienced during the overdose..... good thing i had my girlfriend with me to take care of me. There are a lot of hallucinations. I remember a bomb explosion that is so loud but there never was a bomb. We were in this dark hangout place but I kept seeing blinking lights. the place where we had our fun, there were no blinking lights. The place is dimmed. I also remember my girlfriend having wings and blinking as well. she is blinking orange light.

When we got to the hotel, I was washing my face with the faucet not turned on. I remember that even the hotel owner helped me into our room.

Here is what scared my girlfriend, i was breathing so heavily like something is blocking my throat. She wanted to rush me to the hospital but i kept saying no.

Drugs will always be drugs guys. Even if they say that it is safe, it is still a drug. No matter what the studies will say about marijuana, it messes up with your brain. hehehehe. I just want to share something here guys.

And this kind of changed my life too..... I guess I have learned the hard way. this getting high thing is worst than getting drunk. as for me from now on, I would rather stick with getting drunk.

This is stupid. You mixed alcohol and cannabis. Then you "swallowed a hashish [sic] the size of [your] thumb..." Your overdose wasn't related to the effect of marijuana. It was related to the effect of stupidity.

"OMG i swallowed a whole bottle of Tylenol, nearly died and had to have my stomach pumped! Tylenol is poison!"

But there's this...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,414542,00.html

Whadd'ya wanna bet Winehouse releases a song titled "Brain Damaged"?

Nevertheless, I believe this post to be completely fake and intended to draw attention to the spammy sig that follows in the next post.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

But there's this...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,414542,00.html

Whadd'ya wanna bet Winehouse releases a song titled "Brain Damaged"?

Nevertheless, I believe this post to be completely fake and intended to draw attention to the spammy sig that follows in the next post.

Wow

Quote:

Amy's first overdose in August 2007 was from cocaine, heroin, ecstasy, ketamine and crystal meth.

I guess that makes her an over achiever.