who's got iLife

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
not me, not yet, gonna get it, gotta get it, you know what i'm sayin'?
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by mattjohndrow

    not me, not yet, gonna get it, gotta get it, you know what i'm sayin'?



    I just installed it at work and home. The box includes an install DVD and an install CD. I used the DVD at work and the CD at home, since I don't have a DVD drive. Guess what... No iDVD or Garageband if you install from the CD.



    I'm copying the DVD to my iPod and installing from that.
  • Reply 2 of 36
    Got it and installed it on my 1Ghz dualie, my wife's 1Ghz 15" PB, on my daughters' G4 iBooks and my son's G3 iBook. All went without a hitch. They all love GB and are getting a keyboard this weekend sometime. I tease them that the music they're making should go on a site called Pornomusic.com but I'm glad they're doing something with their music skills. I just wish the the laptops had better speakers. The iBooks sound like crap.



    Now they want electric geetars and such! BTW, it's worth the upgrade just for the speed increase in iPhoto.



    Good stuff,

    Chas
  • Reply 3 of 36
    For the thousandth time, iLife discussions belong in Digital Hub.



    Moving...
  • Reply 4 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Macmedia

    BTW, it's worth the upgrade just for the speed increase in iPhoto.



    Good stuff,

    Chas




    This, along with a few other changes means that I will now be using iPhoto for organising my imnages, not the browser built in to Photoshop Elements. Add in the changes to the other programs (like being able to burn 2 hours of stuff in iDVD), plus Garage Band, and it's a great update as far as I'm concerned .



    Dave.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    othelloothello Posts: 1,053member
    not out in the UK yet (bloody typical, as per usual outside the US gets left to rot by apple...)
  • Reply 6 of 36
    asenasen Posts: 93member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by othello

    not out in the UK yet (bloody typical, as per usual outside the US gets left to rot by apple...)



    I ordered from the UK Apple Store on 08 Jan, and immediately got a ship date of 28 Jan.



    But I got a shipped email on 19 Jan, and it arrived today.



  • Reply 7 of 36
    ericgericg Posts: 135member
    Got my box this tuesday.. that's the Netherlands
  • Reply 8 of 36
    Got it on the day it was released, GB is excellent.
  • Reply 9 of 36
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Garage Band will probably suck on my machine (dual 450). Plus I have no use for it anyway.



    iDVD and iMovie are useless since I don't own a digital video camera or a DVD burner, and I don't plan on buying either one any time soon.



    iTunes is already free.



    iPhoto I use only for my digital camera, so I only have about 300 pictures in my library. If the only real improvement is speed, it's not worth even $30 educational just to upgrade iPhoto. If I took more pictures, I'd buy the upgrade. But I think I'll wait until I actually need it. Maybe iLife 5.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by Brad

    For the thousandth time, iLife discussions belong in Digital Hub.



    Moving...




    sorry brad...
  • Reply 11 of 36
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    Got it yesterday, but only installed it on the AlBook 15". I'll install this weekend on my nice iMac DVSE. Hope it'll work !!

    What's with GarageBand not being on the install CD ?
  • Reply 12 of 36
    Got mine on the 17th, I was pretty impressed.



    Guys, iLife is wonderful. So darn cheap



    Please, do not pirate it! We want to encourage the amelioration of such great products!
  • Reply 13 of 36
    othelloothello Posts: 1,053member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by åsen

    I ordered from the UK Apple Store on 08 Jan, and immediately got a ship date of 28 Jan.



    But I got a shipped email on 19 Jan, and it arrived today.







    cool!



    just waiting for my local john lewis to get their stock in...
  • Reply 14 of 36
    I've had it for about a week, iPhoto is much faster on both a G4/933 and pismo 400- sepia is a cute addition, fiddled with garageband a bit, haven't looked at iDVD at all
  • Reply 15 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by stevegongrui

    Got mine on the 17th, I was pretty impressed.



    Guys, iLife is wonderful. So darn cheap



    Please, do not pirate it! We want to encourage the amelioration of such great products!




    what's amelioration?
  • Reply 16 of 36
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    From the dictionary in Sherlock (a great little feature...use it!):



    Quote:

    \\A*mel`io*ra"tion\\, n. [Cf. F. am['e]lioration.] The act of ameliorating, or the state of being ameliorated; making or becoming better; improvement; melioration. ``Amelioration of human affairs.'' --J. S. Mill.





    Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.



  • Reply 17 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by knappa

    What's with GarageBand not being on the install CD ?



    Supposedly, GarageBand has such large files - audio files, particularly - that the application had to be put on a DVD rather than on a smaller-capacity CD-ROM.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    asenasen Posts: 93member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by LudwigVan

    Supposedly, GarageBand has such large files - audio files, particularly - that the application had to be put on a DVD rather than on a smaller-capacity CD-ROM.



    too true, check out the system requirements:

    Quote:

    4.3GB of disk space required to install GarageBand, iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD; or 250MB to install iTunes, iPhoto and iMovie only.



  • Reply 19 of 36
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Ordered

    Pioneer DVR-106 Black.. shipped... waiting

    Apple DVD-R 4X media (5-pack).. shipped... waiting

    iLife '04 .. Open Est. Ship 02/04/2004

  • Reply 20 of 36
    Quote:

    Originally posted by mattjohndrow

    what's amelioration?



    Amelioration comes from the french ameliorer.



    What I mean is the future of these products, (making better), the future versions.
Sign In or Register to comment.