the pepsi/itunes superbowl ad on appleinsider

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok i'll jsut erase everything and start over now that i got it to work. i think it's a great ad, and they get the point across very clearly. i'm wondering how long this will be up b/c its obviously a pre-release version with the green monitor at the end of the commercial. is this a "pirated" copy? anyways, what do you think about the ad?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    ..This is definately a Pepsi-run spot. Apple hardly has its logo shown, there is an iMac and the mention of iTunes in text only. The iMac is never closed in on so we dont SEE iTunes or OS X and the interface-what garbage.

My mockery ad is nearly on iDisk, I'll post it here for all to enjoy.
  • Reply 2 of 23
    um, well, i think people will see the connection when they win their songs. actually, it might be good that people dont realize its apple, so they wont get scared away because they dont know the truth about "us."
  • Reply 4 of 23
    It won't get into the top 10 favorites after the Superbowl is over. Middling at best. Pepsi has done better. It doesn't matter. Point of purchase displays is what will drive the promotion (as well as the specially marked bottles, of course). And, the ad will run again during the 60 day promotion period.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    Hideous.

If this were an MS ad we'd all be screaming bloody murder.
  • Reply 6 of 23

LOL i glad to see someone come right out and say (or "express" rather) how we all feel.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    Word i fought the law too, i dl music off poisoned

At first glance i would have confused the ad with the ad the Nation drug council is going to run also. I was thinking "look at these poor young coke heads."
  • Reply 8 of 23
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    I couldn't get to the original. Is Messiahtosh's ad using the same song? If so, Green Day ripped off Social Distortion baaaaaad. Untalented fvcks.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

I couldn't get to the original. Is Messiahtosh's ad using the same song? If so, Green Day ripped off Social Distortion baaaaaad. Untalented fvcks.

Yes, I am using Social Distortion's version of the song. I looked for the Green Day version and I assume it wont be available until the Superbowl, probably an exclusive on iTunes. Although I wont lie, I like the Green Day version.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well that is just a horrible, lame commercial. The song sucks, the look of it does, that girl doing the talking has a more annoying voice than Fran Drescher.

And I'm not so sure I like the overall vibe of it...like I'm supposed to either feel sorry for OR raise my fist in righteous indignation that these little shits all got busted for stealing music?

"Accused". "Incriminated". "Busted". "Charged".

Well, yeah.

"Boo! The Man is holding us down! We've been oppressed!"

Here's one: "Lame".
  • Reply 11 of 23
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    What do you guys expect? It's a Pepsi ad, not an Apple ad.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Genius does as genius will, but the masses demand an anniversary commercial, surpassed only by the '84 ad.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    It reminded me of a public service announcement.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    what does everyone think of this ad as being a fake one to throw everybody off? Perhaps it was a trial commercial, a practice if you will, but one that did not make the cut? Is it possible? I know this is way out in left field, but there are what three leaks!? I think it would be way cool if this wasn't the ad, I actually hope it isn't, because I wasn't too impressed with it. While it did get the message across, it wasn't as good as other pepsi ads, or even close to an apple ad. I would have thought something better could have been done. Oh well, what can you do, Iguess. We'll see the actual one Sun.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    cubs, I thought the same thing because the text on the screen just doesn't look right at all. But that may be wishful thinking.... It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for pepsi to put out such a lame ad considering their history of relatively memorable ones. And they have Beyonce as their spokesperson. Surely she'd make an appearance for the big bucks they're paying her....
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Geez. A fake ad to throw people off? Ah yes, this is Appleinsider where paranoia and distrust are supreme. It's the real deal. If you don't like it then don't buy Pepsi products or download the free iTunes song if you win one. That'll show them!
  • Reply 17 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

If you don't like it then don't buy Pepsi products or download the free iTunes song if you win one. That'll show them!

So I have to like the ad in order to buy Pepsi products? We were expressing our distaste for the ad. Is that not allowed?
  • Reply 18 of 23
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Apparently not. \
  • Reply 19 of 23
    I just want to point out that it is the ad that pepsi is distributing to the press... and also wasn't there Reuters article or something that explained the ad and had a screencap... In addition to the press release that explained the ad... That and Apple's press release on it. Just saying it's rather unlikely they're just going to have a completely different commercial at the Superbowl.
  • Reply 20 of 23
    bka77bka77 Posts: 331member
    Hi,

the other Pepsi Superbowl ads can be watched here:

http://www.furtherstudios.com/pepsi/

My favorite is the bagpipes ad.