Where are the next gen Sony Ericsson phones?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    The S700 doesn't have 802.11. My T610 is safe for now.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

I just bought a 610 + TMobile this week, so I guess I'm being left in the dust,

The T610 is still a VERY formidable phone! Enjoy easy syncing!
  • Reply 23 of 27
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Wow, QVGA screen on a phone. Finally a PDA/phone worthy of my affections? Any more info on the apps on this thing.

Too bad it's only out in Q4.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Wow, QVGA screen on a phone. Finally a PDA/phone worthy of my affections? Any more info on the apps on this thing.

I know. I think that I am still going to get a Moto V80 when it comes out in May and then upgrade the the S700 when it hits shelves in November.

All in all I have to say that I am disappointed in the new phones from SE. What did we really get? A GSM version of a phone that has been out in Japan for a few months now, an updated T630 with a better software and better screen, a GSM 850 version of a 4 month old phone, and a GSM 850 version of a 6 month old phone with a smaller screen and no bluetooth.

I'm sorry, but SE seems to be slacking a bit.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    fulmerfulmer Posts: 171member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

I've had a Sony/Ericsson QVGA phone for over a year now... They've been avaliable in Japan for a long time. The S700 is VERY similar to one of the phones that was released last year here in Japan, DOCOMO S505i. The new model, S505iS, is TOTALLY cool. It has a much better UI and more features. If I didn't use a different service, I'd have one now. I use AU and the really cool phone uses DOCOMO service. Hopefully AU will have a new S/E phone soon.

Check out the S/E Japanese website and you can see some pics of the phones.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

I just bought a 610 + TMobile this week, so I guess I'm being left in the dust,

Not really. Did you see the ship dates for their 2004 line? Some of those phones aren't even shipping until Q3 or Q4 of 2004. I wish they would release product like the car industry. Let's announce the 2004 lineup at the end of 2003 and have the bloody things shipping once 2004 starts. That really pisses me off about the tech market. Always announcing things, then being like, "You can't have it though!"

If I'd wanted that attitude I'd of gone to a strip club...
  • Reply 27 of 27
    bspearsbspears Posts: 147member
    Here is some recent info from mobileburn.com

SE S700

SE K700

they both look like great phones

bob