Ridiculous music argument with a friend...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 45
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Dude, you shouldn't post a person's conversation with you to a forum without their consent. Similarly, you left his AIM name intact, you should have changed it or abbreviated it.
  • Reply 22 of 45
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Two big titties and a flat tummy not a quality musical artist make.

No, but they make for one great ****ing music video.
  • Reply 23 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Messiahtosh

Haha, right on. Do you know about PSU?

all i know about psu (other than their football team cause i'm at a big ten school too ) is that napster worked a crazy deal, and now its free to all students or something like that... i think apple should make a bid...
  • Reply 24 of 45
    Apple did make a bid, but Napster's streaming capability won over the university..supposedly the RIAA was going to start holding the university accountable unless they solved the downloading issues.
  • Reply 25 of 45
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    Extras.rsrc

Nice name..
  • Reply 26 of 45
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"Arguing is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, your still retarded."

Have a pleasant evening.
  • Reply 27 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

"Arguing is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, your still retarded."

Have a pleasant evening.

I know this is not AO, but arguing is a very good thing... and it has a very important place in our society. To top it off... if you win the spat... you sure as hell don't feel retarded, you are floating on air.

Miss me DMBand0026?
  • Reply 28 of 45
    Quote:

Apple did make a bid, but Napster's streaming capability won over the university..supposedly the RIAA was going to start holding the university accountable unless they solved the downloading issues.

if this is the university I am thinking of, it had nothing to do with napsters ability. there was an article that the dean, and the guy running napseter are buddies... HMMMMMMM... napsters streaming is sucky. and napster has $h*tty numbers.
  • Reply 29 of 45
    Penn State University

www.psu.edu One of the top five largest public research institutions in the nation.
  • Reply 30 of 45
    dvd-audio will become the new standard, because it will allow the artists more ways to express themselves in terms of a visual experience-the artists can add music videos, extra footage, etc...

DVD-Audio discs will let the artist be able to make high quality SS mixes of their songs just like on DVD-Videos. The artist will be able to put several versions of the album on the DVD-standard CD-quality, a SS mix, and a rally high-end Advanced-Resolution stereo and SS version of the CD, for the same price as a CD is today.

While i doubt that that will come for a while, it will certainly come in the next decade (I hope)
  • Reply 31 of 45
    Not going to happen.
  • Reply 32 of 45
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    I hope it won't and no way will it come out at the same price of cds. That's the problem with music piracy - the companies think they're losing sales, they're not. They just price the music too high (in the UK anyway).
  • Reply 33 of 45
    The price of music is too high because they are losing sales.
  • Reply 34 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

The price of music is too high because they are losing sales.

wait so if losing sales on song because of downloading justify the high price, what justifies the ~20 price tag before the invention of napster.
  • Reply 35 of 45
    it's a catch-22. the cd companies are pricing the cds too high, in order to cut their losses from piracy, and piracy is happening because the prices are too high.
  • Reply 36 of 45
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Okay, so it's in awful taste, but...

• Reply 37 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

I'd get into a fight with you too if you just kept telling me how good Apple's solution is and wouldn't leave me alone

I agree, the only thing worse than a mindless PC drone is a mindless apple drone
  • Reply 38 of 45
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ti Fighter

I agree, the only thing worse than a mindless PC drone is a mindless apple drone

So, I'm a mindless Apple drone? Ok, thanks.
  • Reply 39 of 45
    Quote:

So, I'm a mindless Apple drone? Ok, thanks.

ok, i admit that was a little harsh and I'm sorry for that, it wasn't completely directed at just you. It's just that PC users hate apple users so much cuz every time they talk to one about computers it's like they are talking to an apple advertisement. Just know your superior, there's no reason to have to prove yourself
  • Reply 40 of 45
    Actually, I agree with the "its like talking to an Apple ad" statement. I think Apple isnt very good at hooking people in, but once they do its hook, line, and sinker. Being an Apple fan is a lot different than being a PC user. We all know Apple's marketing strategy and are able to give our own personal Keynotes to people, exactly as Steve does. I guess you have to be able to pick and chose your fights, knowing if people will be interested in hearing you rather than just arguing...

Silence can be a virtue I guess, it just depends...in the above situation I should have just calmly stated my position and kept it simple. It is extremely hard to do so when you have found something you love though, you want to spread the wealth of creative possibilities and let everyone know what oppertunities they are missing.