Bush...WHY?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

You think that's bad? Chiraq sold him a nuke plant that the jews had to bomb before Saddam built a bomb.

[/img]

What Scott doesn't point out is that at the time his picture was taken, in 1975, Saddam Hussein hadn't actually become president yet and Iraq was just another brutal run-of-the-mill dictatorship as keen to deal with the US as it was with France.

Scott's picture, you should also know, was taken inside a French nuclear reactor, not an Iraqi. The Iraqi power station never came on stream because it was bombed by 'the Jews' (to quote Scott) the week before it was switched on.

thegelding's picture shows the current Secretary of Defense shaking hands with a known mass-murderer in the mid 1980s.
  • Reply 22 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by LiquidR

Not condone?! Do you know anything of the N. Korean regime? Assassination, kidnapping, the most repressive regime in the world. The political system in N. Korea is not a authoritarian communist dictatorship, it's a cult. I pray that either the US does something or the regime finally falls. I firmly believe the only reason the US doesn't step in is that the flood of refugees would be so huge that it would be too unbearable of a strain on the S. Korean market. One of the strongest economies in the region.

Why do you believe the US is the world's police? George W. Bush's presidency hasn't been very peaceful.

Do you remember that thing called the UN?

You should listen to the opinions of other countries in the world, and gain a perspective from those who aren't American. As an example, a lot of Australians were absolutely disgusted about the war in Iraq, which our government decided to join, and I'm afraid the reputation of the US has somewhat diminished, and our respect for the US also.

The US should not invade another country, let alone North Korea. Let the UN find a peaceful solution. The US should provide a good case for the UN to intervene, if the US feels it's necessary.

As for China, an invasion is out of the question. They have the world's largest defence force. It would be a slaughter. And humanitarian issues aren't really a case for war, but rather a case for negotiations between them and the UN, to bring them into the 21st century.

All in due time, I guess.

Hopefully your next president won't be such a war-monger. The world will be a much better place then. m.
  • Reply 23 of 33
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

What Scott doesn't point out is that at the time his picture was taken, ..

Point taken. More information is always good.

From this page.

Quote:

In this 1975 photo, then-Vice President Hussein is seen touring the Cadarache nuclear power station in France, accompanied by a bespectacled Chirac, France's prime minister at the time. Chirac freelanced a deal to sell Saddam two nuclear reactors, and arranged to have French nuclear scientists and engineers train their counterparts in Iraq-most of whom are now on the list of Iraqi scientists and engineers that UN weapons inspectors want to chat with. Not only did Chirac help build Iraq's ''Osirak'' reactor-the Israelis dubbed it ''O-Chirac''-near Baghdad, but he also sought to ship Iraq weapons-grade uranium, even though a safer grade was available. (France's president, Valery Giscard d'Estaing, scotched the plan.) By the end of the Iran-Iraq war, Iraq was France's single largest arms customer; Iranians referred to Chirac as ''Shah-Iraq.'' In 1981, Israeli fighter pilots-including a 26-year-old Ilan Ramon, who died last month on the space shuttle Columbia-destroyed the Osirak reactor shortly before it was due to deliver nuclear capacity to Iraq. Chirac, echoing the views of many world leaders at the time, described the Israeli raid as ''unacceptable.''

Bold is mine.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Don't you love it when people get caught lying?

Scott, maybe you don't know what the word scotched means, or you're simply trying to mislead again.

I find it amusing that you didn't bold this from your little article:
    Quote:

France's president, Valery Giscard d'Estaing, scotched the plan.

Here:

scotch1 __ (_P_)__Pronunciation Key__(skch)

tr.v. scotched, scotch·ing, scotch·es

1.\tTo put an abrupt end to: The prime minister scotched the rumors of her illness with a public appearance.

2.\tTo injure so as to render harmless.

3.\tTo cut or score.

Thanks for the article though. It was interesting to know that Mr. Ilan Ramon was one of "the jews" (as you put it) that participated in the air raid that destroyed the reactor. Care for a croissant or some FRENCH fries?
  • Reply 25 of 33
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

When did I "rationalize" anything in this thread? Please quote me and give your details. Otherwise retract your statement and be more careful in the future.

Scott, you said this:

Quote:

So it's okay as long as they don't go outside their own borders. So Hitler would have been untouchable had he confined the death camps to german jews?

In response to this:

Quote:

Sorry, I must have been asleep when they gave the President of the United Stated power to kill anybody he didn't like.

What N Korea does in THEIR country is THEIR business. Oppressive? Yes. America's business? No.

When they start playing rough and threatening other nations, then GWB can spout on about WMD, and you can invade them, that is if your populace can stomach fighting in three countries, and losing in all three.

Which to me seemed another way of you saying:

"It would be OK if we started some kind of military action to get Castro, because he's done bad things, even if inside his own borders." It also smacked of comparing Castro to Hitler, which is almost comical, were it not so sad.

Furthermore, don't instruct me to retract antyhing. You're in no position to demand anything of me or anyone else in here. I posted this only as a courtesy to others who might've read my comment, not in response to any demand you made....
  • Reply 26 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Don't you love it when people get caught lying?

Scott, maybe you don't know what the word scotched means, or you're simply trying to mislead again.

I find it amusing that you didn't bold this from your little article:

Here:

scotch1 __ (_P_)__Pronunciation Key__(skch)

tr.v. scotched, scotch·ing, scotch·es

1.\tTo put an abrupt end to: The prime minister scotched the rumors of her illness with a public appearance.

2.\tTo injure so as to render harmless.

3.\tTo cut or score.

Thanks for the article though. It was interesting to know that Mr. Ilan Ramon was one of "the jews" (as you put it) that participated in the air raid that destroyed the reactor. Care for a croissant or some FRENCH fries?

What am I lying about? Nothing? I know what "scotched". Beacuse the plan was stoped doesn't mean Chiraq didn't want to sell weapons grade material to Iraq.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Scott, you said this:

In response to this:

Which to me seemed another way of you saying:

"It would be OK if we started some kind of military action to get Castro, because he's done bad things, even if inside his own borders." It also smacked of comparing Castro to Hitler, which is almost comical, were it not so sad.

Furthermore, don't instruct me to retract antyhing. You're in no position to demand anything of me or anyone else in here. I posted this only as a courtesy to others who might've read my comment, not in response to any demand you made....

First off I was comparing NK/Li to Nazi Germany/Hitler. A defendable comparison IMO. Which is not a comment on Casto's asseration at the US is planning to invade. So either get your replies correct or stop posting until you can understand what people replying too. Read, understand and then reply. I command you.
  • Reply 28 of 33
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    If you are interested by Chirac and the nuclear plant in 1975, you should better start a new thread.

I don't see the link between Bush and Chirac here.
  • Reply 29 of 33
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

So either get your replies correct or stop posting until you can understand what people replying too. Read, understand and then reply. I command you.

Learn how to use the "reply to" button, or don't. I don't care...

...any confusion on my part or that of others, as to which post you are actually commenting on, can only come from you not quoting said post first.

Have a pleasant day. Hey, is it snowing over there in Scott's World_? ?

• Reply 30 of 33
    I don't use the reply button when I'm replying to the post right above mine. I'll consider this a retraction of your knee jerk out of context attack on me.
  • Reply 31 of 33
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

<--Link

Sadly I believe Castro at this point more then Bush. WHY Bush? What has cuba done lately? China is communist and we don't hate them completely.

did Bush say something about going to Cuba? i haven't heard that till now

cubans...start swimming