Favorite Folder view and why....

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

... i like big icons, too. i like around 52x52 in finder windows.

on desktop: 128x128.

that is huge, isn't it? You don't like space, do you? - or space is not an issue for you, - or, you are just kidding er ... round with them, no?
  • Reply 22 of 27
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Icons are good for sorting applications, but try sorting a website or large print project with them lol hey look its a Dreamweaver file! And another! and another! :P

Also I'm baffled how everyone finds 128x128 icons to be in any way effecient. Scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll there it is. Do you guys have 6400x4800 pixel screens or something?

I guess I just realized I've pretty much abandoned icon view for really everything except maybe the odd time I actually go into my apps folder instead of accessing it via dock icons or dock folders. Even with photos, I prefer column view as the preview it generates is better than existing icon previews (mainly speaking of sorting stock image discs here).
  • Reply 23 of 27
    bigbluebigblue Posts: 341member
    128 x 128 icons are ideal for viewing Photoshop files or jpg's. Try finding someone or something in a list of filenames a la 'DRY003.JPG' (often digital camera shoots). Piece of cake with 128 x 128 !

But you're right for long list with generic icons. Nothing better than columns. It would be nice if Illustrator had preview icons, though.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

I love icons.

ditto, i use pixadex to organize my icons-i have over 17000 of them, so i have a little bit of organization to do, but the only things i really use them for is my desktop items.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Agent Macintosh

me, too. icons rock. i have so many icons, i can sort out my folders just by looking at them. my brother likes them, too. he has his icon sizes 128x128 in all his windows. i like big icons, too. i like around 52x52 in finder windows.

on desktop: 128x128.

i used to have 128x128 on my desktop, but i have the original iMac's dinky screen, so now they are 72x72, and i think i might have to make them even smaller
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Why doesn't column view STICK like its supposed to? I want EVERY Finder window to open in column view damnit by default!
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr Beardsley

Columns all the way. Its the best way to quickly get around a drive.

Right, and when you happen to arrow past a folder that has 800 audio files from a project in it and the Finder has to take a second to create a directory for all of them, that's real fast. ;-)

Columns only as a save/open dialog choice up until Panther was a real-world reason I could never use OS X for audio production. Open the wrong folder while navigating and everythings chugs for a second. Why did I need to see all those files? I didn't. The computer is spending time looking for things I didn't ask for.

List view is the fastest with command+N and copy/past key commands for me. I think it's a nice jump from OS9 since the next level can open in the same window.