OSX Maintenance-Cocktail?Disc Warrior?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    I use diskwarrior to rebuilt my directory, superb job. Techtools is a very good diagnostic program, I use it periodically as well, it's more of a check-if-everything-is-in-order program rather then a maintainance program. it checks your drives, ports, etc. also helps you find dead pixels, defrag (so unneccesary) and for those who are security freaks, secure deletion of free space.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ichiban_jay

I use diskwarrior to rebuilt my directory, superb job. Techtools is a very good diagnostic program, I use it periodically as well, it's more of a check-if-everything-is-in-order program rather then a maintainance program. it checks your drives, ports, etc. also helps you find dead pixels, defrag (so unneccesary) and for those who are security freaks, secure deletion of free space.

Techtool had a smaller free download for OS9, do they have one for OSX? Actually all it did was rebuild the desktop and I dont even know if thats still necessary in OSX.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Anyone aware of a similar progrma like Mac Janitor? I used to use it but it has not updated in a while and it will not run in Mountain Lion.