Just felt right (ITMS)

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
So out of 4 bottles of pepsi that i've bought so far, i've had 2 winners. Not bad. With one of the winners I bought the track from the new Apple/Pepsi commercial, "I fought the law, and the law won" by Green Day. It's been a while since i've really liked something by Green Day, but I am really digging this song. Is it me, or could this this be because it was on the commercial? =) Anybody else get this one too?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 26
    cyko95cyko95 Posts: 391member
    3 and 3 now. Just bought 2 more bottles. Man i'm gonna be wired for 2 months straight! =)
  • Reply 2 of 26
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I cant find them ANYWHERE in boston! wtf...
  • Reply 3 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by cyko95

So out of 4 bottles of pepsi that i've bought so far, i've had 2 winners. Not bad. With one of the winners I bought the track from the new Apple/Pepsi commercial, "I fought the law, and the law won" by Green Day. It's been a while since i've really liked something by Green Day, but I am really digging this song. Is it me, or could this this be because it was on the commercial? =) Anybody else get this one too?

i love green day, and as such, i have all of their cds. that is a really good song by them, but, most of their songs are good.
  • Reply 4 of 26
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

i love green day, and as such, i have all of their cds. that is a really good song by them, but, most of their songs are good.

I read this post and all I heard was: "I don't know a thing about music so disregard any of my opinions about it."

Weird.
  • Reply 5 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

I cant find them ANYWHERE in boston! wtf...

Yeah, there is a CVS across the street from me, I haven't been there in a day, but, last I was there, there were A LOT of pepsi bottles, but none of them were iTunes related.
  • Reply 6 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

I read this post and all I heard was: "I don't know a thing about music so disregard any of my opinions about it."

Weird.

Heh, that is kinda funny. Cause I read the reply and all I heard was "Boy, i'm an idiot that has enough time to turn a basic forum post into a bash because I have a small brain."

That is very weird.
  • Reply 7 of 26
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

Heh, that is kinda funny. Cause I read the reply and all I heard was "Boy, i'm an idiot that has enough time to turn a basic forum post into a bash because I have a small brain."

That is very weird.

Check my post count. If I had anything better to do, you'd think I'd do it. And Green Day still sucks.
  • Reply 8 of 26
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Get a room, you two.
  • Reply 9 of 26
    Green Day sounds good, I like the way they sound. Billy Joe's voice sounds good to me, I like the way Green Day sounds.
  • Reply 10 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

Yeah, there is a CVS across the street from me, I haven't been there in a day, but, last I was there, there were A LOT of pepsi bottles, but none of them were iTunes related.

CVS, 7-11, shaws, and maddie's market all have non-iTms pepsi...

neither does the dining hall as BC has a HUGE coke contract...

could it be that pepsi sales are so meager in the area that they didn't bother with the promotion? we saw the commercial same as anyone else during the superbowl.... I want my free music damnit!
  • Reply 11 of 26
    Quote:

could it be that pepsi sales are so meager in the area that they didn't bother with the promotion? we saw the commercial same as anyone else during the superbowl.... I want my free music damnit!

I think it's more along the lines of just filtering out the old stuff. I literally live less than a 1/4 mile from the area pepsi bottling/distro plant and the gas station across the street from it STILL only has one row of pepsi that is ITMS style. No Mt.Dew, Dr.P, or even diet. So I think it's just a matter of time.

PS - Go Green Day!
  • Reply 12 of 26
    actually... only pepsi, dt pepsi and sierra mist will be getting the caps...
  • Reply 13 of 26
    Quote:

actually... only pepsi, dt pepsi and sierra mist will be getting the caps...

macbytes.com has a story about a guy who won on a mountain dew bottle (pics too). kinda interesting....
  • Reply 14 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I picked up three at a CVS in Medford yesterday.One winner. They had a ton of them there.
  • Reply 15 of 26
    Quote:

I drink coke, dont like pepsi(except vanilla pepsi). it couldbe that they sell less pepsi in boston area, and they have to wait for all the old bottles to be sold before the new ones come in.. I see Coke trucks all the time,but rarely see pepsi ones. I see more Anheizer Busch trucks than pepsi.
  • Reply 16 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

I see more Anheizer Busch trucks than pepsi.

I think The General just gave us an idea. How long before we're getting tanked just to get free iTunes music?

And why not expand the contest to Dr.P and Mt.Dew? They sell a ton of those.
  • Reply 17 of 26
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    Quote:

I think The General just gave us an idea. How long before we're getting tanked just to get free iTunes music?

And why not expand the contest to Dr.P and Mt.Dew? They sell a ton of those.

My guess is with March Madness, Mt. Dew will have the NCAA Caps with teams on them like normal, that is why Mt. Dew doesn't have iTunes lids. The two promotions would conflict.
  • Reply 18 of 26
    knappaknappa Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Get a room, you two.

Off topic: Why did you have to stop them. I would have liked to see what the next reply would have been.

On topic: Green Day isn't all that bad, I've got some of their songs & I really like some of them...
  • Reply 19 of 26
    think i'm gonna start a thread/poll on who likes green day lol
  • Reply 20 of 26
    While there is nothing wrong with the Green Day version, I REALLY think that the Clash version smokes it!!!

Sorry boys!