Icons of Mac OS X (TextEdit) (perspective, how to?)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    There was a time when you had to just sit and type from your notes...you didn't have the luxury of usage time to actually sit and create code on the computer. Ok, that was 1982. Sue me.

And I like the blue one I think. Both are great.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Kinda an amusing story to tell...gather 'round, won't you?

I attended my first MWSF Expo in 2000...the one where OS X was unveiled for the first time, right?

Anyway, I went to one of the seminars. It was icon design, and it was Gideon and another couple of fellas from the IconFactory.

They themselves had just learned - a few days earlier - of OS X, the new 128x128 size, the new illustrative style, etc. Anyway, on a few occasions in their seminar they kinda made references to being "left behind" and honestly acting a bit miffed at Apple for this "radical new direction".

They even said "well, there's always going to be a place for well-crafted, traditional Mac OS icons and we'll continue to provide those...we don't know what the future holds, regarding the IconFactory" and so forth.

I'm sure they were just speaking from a place of shock and confusion and not understanding this new icon approach. But now, 4 years later, I think we can all agree that the IF rocks as never before, turning out beautiful work on a frequent basis.

If anything OS X gave them a new direction and lease on things. I simply couldn't imagine a life of 32x32 pixelated imagery for the rest of my life.

Once they got a handle on things and realized that the doors basically swung wide open for cool-ass, illustrative icon design, I'm sure they were drooling at the prospects and potential!

Anyway...

Just funny how everyone - big and small - reacts to change and suddenly thinks their livlihood might be affected. Saw it with my own peepers, January 2000, Moscone Center.

• Reply 43 of 44
    Hey, hyperb0le, this logo looks like yours, it this the software?
  • Reply 44 of 44
    Quote:

Originally posted by curiousuburb

Hey, hyperb0le, this logo looks like yours, it this the software?

Nope. That icon does use the same perspective that this thread refers to though.