There's the iPod, But Where's the PowerPod?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    The feature I really want is GPS... lol
  • Reply 22 of 25
    bitemymacbitemymac Posts: 1,147member
    Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

The feature I really want is GPS... lol

That's something that will be useful and will be feasible to run on the iPod. This is something I can use everyday, and it wouldn't look so silly to dock my white iPod in the car. I'm sure Berkins would make a iPod plugable satelite antenna in a heartbeat.

Now, I want iPod with a bigger color screen.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    On that note, where the hell is my PowerSight camera. And my PowerTunes and PowerPhoto software?

I don't think simply because Apple tosses an "i" in front of something, we should expect a more expensive product with "Power" in front of it.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

On that note, where the hell is my PowerSight camera. And my PowerTunes and PowerPhoto software?

I don't think simply because Apple tosses an "i" in front of something, we should expect a more expensive product with "Power" in front of it.

I forgot about this thread, incidentally. Good point LoCash - not every iProduct has a Power counterpart. There may well exist an unannounced PowerSight, though. And iTunes is a browser application rather than creative software, but, of course, Apple already addressed the pro audio market sufficiently. Finally, there's no Photo Studio Pro because that would be much too much like a certain pixel manipulator everyone knows. The fact remains that except for the iSight (which is a relatively new product, remember) I don't think one could name one other piece of iHardware that lacks a professional companion. Save for the iPod, that is; hence the existence of this thread.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    While I certainly agree a color screen would not add to the iPod's intended primary function - portable music playing - would any of you object to it's being made an option? If people are willing to pay for it, then I don't see any particular problem with it, especially considering there would be advantages beyond just iTunes visuals. You could browse through your iPhoto library, watch iMovies, or display album artwork as a browse option (I'd love to see the latter).

Point being, as long as they don't force colors screens on the iPod, thereby artificially keeping its price too high, I see no problem with it. Objections?