over macrumors they have info regarding the 970Fx SMOKING intel

LINK!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 37
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    What? Only 2.5GHz. That's BS! Intel is at 3.2+ GHz

Unacceptable. I am getting a DELL!

• Reply 2 of 37
    This is the type of news that points to February 28 as the PowerMac revision date.
  • Reply 3 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

3.4Ghz is now available, isn't it.
  • Reply 4 of 37
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

3.4Ghz is now available, isn't it.

I can't recall where, but I think I read last week it's been delayed another month. Or was that 3.6? Who can say, I don't know squat! \

I'm also putting my vote in for two weeks away.
  • Reply 5 of 37
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    No you fools. There will be an incredible leap in computing power on LEAP DAY! COME ON! LEAP DAY!
  • Reply 6 of 37
    Leap Day, this year, is on a Sunday
  • Reply 7 of 37
    That is also Oscar night in Hollywood, and it is also the second biggest day for commercials (After the Super Bowl).

And Steve is a Movie guy and hmmm...I smell a rumor...
  • Reply 8 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

That is also Oscar night in Hollywood, and it is also the second biggest day for commercials (After the Super Bowl).

And Steve is a Movie guy and hmmm...I smell a rumor...

that would be too awesome
  • Reply 9 of 37
    Okay, but a LEAP in performance? I guess I am really missing something about the 970FX...just want a G5 PowerBook before the end of this year.
  • Reply 10 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

you're such a funny guy...you're kidding, right...?
  • Reply 11 of 37
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

you're such a funny guy...you're kidding, right...?

No, he just heard that Motorola will become Dell's sole supplier, and he can't wait to ditch Apple and support his favorite CPU vendor.
  • Reply 12 of 37
    That would probably be a SINGLE G5, remember, the 2.0 speed is achieved with 2 processors. I assume that the 130nm could achieve the 2.0 speed with only one processor, but it would be too hot. I would be willing to bet that the 90nm could hit speeds higher than 2.5ghz with only a single processor. It's gonna be sweet when the Rev. 2s come out.
  • Reply 13 of 37
    hasapihasapi Posts: 290member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

No, he just heard that Motorola will become Dell's sole supplier, and he can't wait to ditch Apple and support his favorite CPU vendor.

I like it!
  • Reply 14 of 37
    gfeiergfeier Posts: 127member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

That would probably be a SINGLE G5, remember, the 2.0 speed is achieved with 2 processors. I assume that the 130nm could achieve the 2.0 speed with only one processor, but it would be too hot. I would be willing to bet that the 90nm could hit speeds higher than 2.5ghz with only a single processor. It's gonna be sweet when the Rev. 2s come out.

Huh?
  • Reply 15 of 37
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fred_lj

Okay, but a LEAP in performance? I guess I am really missing something about the 970FX...just want a G5 PowerBook before the end of this year.

ah, G 5 p o w e r b o o k

me too
  • Reply 16 of 37
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

I can't recall where, but I think I read last week it's been delayed another month. Or was that 3.6? Who can say, I don't know squat! \

The 3.4E (Prescott) is delayed. The 3.4 (Northwood) is shipping.
  • Reply 17 of 37
    Quote:

Ummm....those G5s are 2.0 GHz EACH!
  • Reply 18 of 37
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Derrick 61

Ummm....those G5s are 2.0 GHz EACH!

Wait... I thought dual processor == dual GHz.
  • Reply 19 of 37
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by gfeier

Huh?

He has access to some pretty good "emergency medicine."
  • Reply 20 of 37
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

I see someone failed their English comprehension test.

j/k, but I thought the verbiage on Apple's website of "dual 2GHZ processors" was quite specific about the fact that there are two processors with each one running at 2.0GHz.

I mean, if they can make a SINGLE 1.8GHz, what makes you think that 2GHz is impossible?