Power pc G7 ????? Do you believe it ????

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Does anybody believe this??

Motorola / Apple - PowerPC G7

Very little is yet known about the PowerPC G7 processor, other than to expect it in late 2004.

Taken from http://www.geek.com/procspec/apple/g7.htm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Unregistered666

Very little is yet known about the PowerPC G7 processor, other than to expect it in late 2004.

right.....and i wouyld bet that it runs at 1 thz (terahertz=1000ghz)this is so fscking stupid lock this thing please
  • Reply 2 of 23
    Quote:

Yes I believe it. I've actually seen it. You see, Motorola skipped right over making a G5, then they spent $1 billion making a G6 but decided to not even sell it because it would slow down their blazing progress on the G7.

Basically it's a 1.45GHz G4.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    I agree LOCK IT !!!!!!! is this guy for real, from this planet!!!!!
  • Reply 4 of 23
    Listen You crappy pc user, this is about future hardware so if i see something im gonna talk about it, so go back to your windows xp and...... I better stop. Good night all

Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

right.....and i wouyld bet that it runs at 1 thz (terahertz=1000ghz)this is so fscking stupid lock this thing please

• Reply 5 of 23
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Listen You crappy pc user, this is about future hardware so if i see something im gonna talk about it, so go back to your windows xp and...... I better stop. Good night all

hay flamer,

stop the hateing
  • Reply 6 of 23
    That is a VERY old table. It has been around for a long time. Meaning that MAYBE Motorola was thinking in very general terms about what might happen 10 years down the road. But thinking out that far ahead is just pure speculation.

Look what happened to the IBM PowerPC 620. From the specs, that sounded like a pretty cool design. And it wasn't just a twinkle in some engineer's eye either.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Chill out guys. Geez!

Anyway, one might surmise that a G6 comes before a G7. You know, just maybe. Simple answer: No, I don't believe it.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Unfortunately, geek.com does not timestamp their articles. I believe I read this back in '99 or 2000, might be a bit later but it is completely outdated. Besides, there is absolutely no info given but the G7 moniker and the 65nm process they hoped to build this on.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Unfortunately, geek.com does not timestamp their articles. I believe I read this back in '99 or 2000, might be a bit later but it is completely outdated. Besides, there is absolutely no info given but the G7 moniker and the 65nm process they hoped to build this on.

I agree, anyone can post anything on the net these days. Next thing it will be a G9 or something along those lines. Come on people.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I've heard that Motorola was hoping to roll out a 'G6' sometime this summer, too. They must really be making up for lost time.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    motorola..... apple...... no.
  • Reply 14 of 23
    Ahh was going to post those links... thanks!
  • Reply 15 of 23

4Ghz G6 this year... woo hoo
  • Reply 16 of 23
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    I can really feel the love in this thread. I think I'm going to cry.
  • Reply 17 of 23
    I just preordered my G12, from Apple over the phone...

yay...can't wait till it gets here..
  • Reply 18 of 23
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Ooooooooooooo... 666.. Spoooooky.

This article was MAJOR news about four years ago. Hardly worth a thread. For real. If we even had the slightest idea about even the G6, it would take an insane leak from IBMs upper management. I am not sure that even IBM itself knows where the G5 (7XX) will top out, and with what little gizmos will be featured. We are truly in new territory.

Calling it a "road map" is a little misleading. I call it more of a compass... it tells you what way to go generally, but there are about 34 ways to get there once you are in the field. And I don't think we really know where "there" is, IMHO.

In the words of Tony Robbins, here dedicated to Moto: "The road to someday, leads to the town of nowhere." I love looking at Moto in the rear-view as we speed toward 3ghz. Someday, the G4 will see 2Ghz, stuck in some non-Apple device by one of Moto's victims. Maybe they will be able to stick 'em- er, uh... in an embedded application or test set somewhere.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

This article was MAJOR news about four years ago. Hardly worth a thread. For real. If we even had the slightest idea about even the G6, it would take an insane leak from IBMs upper management. I am not sure that even IBM itself knows where the G5 (7XX) will top out, and with what little gizmos will be featured. We are truly in new territory.

The 7xx is the G3. The 9xx is the G5.

</pedant>
  • Reply 20 of 23
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

The 7xx is the G3. The 9xx is the G5.

</pedant>

D'OH! Bad Jubelum! No more triple shifts in the lab for you!

Silly mistake. Thanks for catching that.