Over one thousand married queers in San Fran....

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
and there are more on the way.

This movement is putting a face on the once-abstract issue of homosexual marriage, and soon enough resistance will break down and all those who screamed and gnashed teeth about how it should be illegal will forget they ever opposed it.

"You see the older couples who waited so long just to go through this process," he said. "I realize all these things I take for granted, the benefits of marriage I didn't even think about."

And we'll have some gay boys coming home to Texas with a marriage license.

David Miller, 34, and Curtis McAdams, 42, of Austin, Texas, tied the knot after 10 years together.

"I don't believe anyone should be denied the right to marry the person they choose and the person they love," Curtis said. They said they plan to file a lawsuit to be recognized as married in Texas.

Right on, David and Curtis. Fight your asses off for all of our sakes.

Freedom is important.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 159

I still can't agree with gay marriage. It's just not right. I don't like to see this happening.
  • Reply 2 of 159
    I don't like the term "marriage" applied to the relationship, and I have a lot of friends from work who are gay. But the other morning I realized that my feelings are based from my religious upbringing and that there are a massive amount of people who are "married" and do not share my faith. So then if it really is just a word in a secular world, who am I to complain?

I'll still laugh a bit whenever I hear any gay friends refer to themselves as married, but that's just because I'm a product of my times and it just sounds damned silly.

As far as the benefits and pitfalls of marriage go, hope they know what they're getting into.

I'll -always- think of Man & Woman when I hear the word Married.
  • Reply 3 of 159
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

and there are more on the way.

This movement is putting a face on the once-abstract issue of homosexual marriage, and soon enough resistance will break down and all those who screamed and gnashed teeth about how it should be illegal will forget they ever opposed it.

"You see the older couples who waited so long just to go through this process," he said. "I realize all these things I take for granted, the benefits of marriage I didn't even think about."

And we'll have some gay boys coming home to Texas with a marriage license.

David Miller, 34, and Curtis McAdams, 42, of Austin, Texas, tied the knot after 10 years together.

"I don't believe anyone should be denied the right to marry the person they choose and the person they love," Curtis said. They said they plan to file a lawsuit to be recognized as married in Texas.

Right on, David and Curtis. Fight your asses off for all of our sakes.

Freedom is important.

Great post, Groverat.
  • Reply 4 of 159
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Fight your asses off for all of our sakes.

Freedom is important? No one is denying any of my gay employees the RIGHT to live together, or to be monogamous, or anything of the sort. In this country we ALL have the right to love who we want, and rightfully so. I just don't see how the LBG community is being denied "freedom" - they have the freedom to do whatever they want as far as life choices and partners, just like the rest of us. My gay employees are sick of this issue, because they were happily living together and not being the focus of attention... true "integration." Now, the backlash that is sure to follow will mean another round of problems. Truly a no-win for them.

There may be a bunch of married queers in SF, but that is a hollow victory before

A) the court rulings and upcoming anti-gay marriage lawsuits and

B) the second Civil War over the Feds dictating these new rules to states.

• Reply 5 of 159
    xenuxenu Posts: 204member
    Good to see the hate groups masquerading as christian organisations are showing their true colours.

So what if two people who just happen to be both male or female want to marry?

It is not up to the government or a hate group to tell them they cannot.
  • Reply 6 of 159
    Quote:

Originally posted by xenu

..."evils of Scientology"

THAT's not very tolerant, now is it?
  • Reply 7 of 159
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

I still can't agree with gay marriage. It's just not right. I don't like to see this happening.

yeah, from a Christian stand point, it's not good in my book either
  • Reply 8 of 159
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Your view on this issue offends me. It's just not right to think that way.

That's fine that you don't like to see this happening. You know what? Suck it up, you can handle the stress of other people being happy, I'm sure.
  • Reply 9 of 159
    If just about anyone else here in AI except the groverat had started a post with this title, they would have been accused by probably most of you of out and out trolling, or at the very least some insensitivity and lack of sophistication. I myself will call his post title a lack of sophistication considering the source.

Because groverat posted it, many of you are going to kiss his ass and jump on the "damnned queers are going to ruin our civilization" bandwagon. Pretty ****en assinine and pathetic. Humanity will NEVER move ahead to the next spiritual and intellectual level until we get beyond these rediculous predjudices.

The evolutionary and biological imperative is so strong that heterosexuality will ALWAYS be the norm and homosexuals in the minority. Don't worry straight people. We will continue to rule over the social politics of human society for a long time to come. The United States of America has many more dire problems to worry about than gay people wanting to enjoy the benefits of being married.

The most horrendous crimes commited now and in human history were concieved and implemented for the most part by so called heterosexual men.
  • Reply 10 of 159
    Quote:

Originally posted by hardhead

The most horrendous crimes commited now and in human history were concieved and implemented for the most part by so called heterosexual men.

Heterosexual men are getting tired of having that thrown in our face. I, for one, have done nothing to fsck up humanity simply by being hetero and male. Neither have 99.9999 percent of the other hetero men. There is plenty of blame for Humans as a whole, not just heterosexual males of the species.

How would you react if I blamed the women who gave birth to those eeeeeeevil men? Yea, sure, maybe it was THEIR fault. </logic right out the window>
  • Reply 11 of 159
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jubelum

Heterosexual men are getting tired of having that thrown in our face. I, for one, have done nothing to fsck up humanity simply by being hetero and male. Neither have 99.9999 percent of the other hetero men. There is plenty of blame for Humans as a whole, not just heterosexual males of the species.

How would you react if I blamed the women who gave birth to those eeeeeeevil men? Yea, sure, maybe it was THEIR fault. </logic right out the window>

Right, his stupidity in saying that is only surpassed by your own in being offended by two people expressing their love for one another.
  • Reply 12 of 159
    Quote:

I don't even see why the state should recognize marriage at all. What's the point? It just results in custody battles when things go awry. Why not eliminate that annoying fixture? As an extra, if people actually had to work things out themselves, I guarantee that the divorce rate wouldn't be so high, and the number of confused children would drop in response. There's no reason I can think of for the state to recognize marriage.

If you ask me, marriage is a religious thing.
  • Reply 13 of 159
    I'm not gay but I know a lot of people who are. (Atlanta's the S.F. of the east) and I have no problem with anyone getting married who wants to. If they're in love and committed then they should be allowed to live as anyone else.

Why do people care so much what other people do? Will a gay marriage (call it civil union, whatever) make your marriage any less special? Homosexuals have been wrongly mistreated for way too long. Constantly being the butt (ok ok ok.... no pun) of a lot of jokes only because they are different than you.

And it's really irresponsible for the moderator to be referring to a group of people in an offensive way (queers, "And we'll have some gay boys coming home to Texas...").
  • Reply 14 of 159
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

If you ask me, marriage is a religious thing.

What about people who aren't religious who get married in the courthouse?

I'm not religious, does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to get married?
  • Reply 15 of 159
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    I would say it began as a "religious thing" (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away), but is now a deep-rooted societal custom.
  • Reply 16 of 159
    Hey Jubelum, you had me going there for awhile...

Obviously you're kidding about taking my "hetero...men" comment personally. Right? You are kidding? Good one!
  • Reply 17 of 159
    Custom or no custom, the government should not be involved. This whole debate should not be taking place. This whole thing is one big excuse for gays to bitch and moan and for bigots to hate gays. Thanks, social conservatism.

Of course you never hear the lefitsts playing the personal responsibility card, all they (and you people) can do is bitch about how gays should have the same rights as straight people. BULLSHIT. Marriage is not a right, it's a ****ed up piece of contract with the government.
  • Reply 18 of 159
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I hope you don´t take it personally then if I said that all those "heterosexual" men actually was screwed up homos that (as we know) get of sexually by inflicting pain on others?

I noticed one funny thing in the opening post. I my job I have made a huge database containing over 2000 women that have been artificial inseminated, most of them lesbians. One of the informations I have had access to was if they had a partner and the age of her. What struck me was that while to norm in heterosexual couples is a 2-5 year age difference the trend in my dataset was either almost no age difference or a ten year difference. I have not the slightest idea why.
  • Reply 19 of 159
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

Custom or no custom, the government should not be involved. This whole debate should not be taking place. This whole thing is one big excuse for gays to bitch and moan and for bigots to hate gays. Thanks, social conservatism.

Of course you never hear the lefitsts playing the personal responsibility card, all they (and you people) can do is bitch about how gays should have the same rights as straight people. BULLSHIT. Marriage is not a right, it's a ****ed up piece of contract with the government.

If marriage or no marriage had absolutely no meaning for your legal or economical status and was nothing more than a ceremony in a cult I would agree. But like it or not marriage is entangled into our legal status and before that changes you are completly wrong.
  • Reply 20 of 159
    Do I think that gays deserve some kind of "special" treatment? Hell no. Most of them just want to be treated like "regular" folk. Yes, like any segment of society, they have whiners and aggressive adgenda hounds. I kind of look at the entire institution from Ganondorf's comment. Kind of.

Anders, secondly, I don't take anything personal from any internet forum. As too many people will willingly and easily say stupid and ignorant things that they would never have the courage to speak in person to said target.

Thirdly, you have the gall to say that you have a HUGE database of OVER 2000 women, mostly lesbians... You sir, take yourself just a little too seriously.