It is Pepsi's fault...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by chrismarkcanada

Flip the bottle. My god get with the times. Why do I have to read it on CNN I should read it here first. You are so behind the times.

i am sad that your giving yesterday's news today

Could you eleborate on this?
  • Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by NOFEER

no product no promotion.

where are these bottles anyway, haven't seen one.

You either don't drink Pepsi much or you are in the middle of nowhere. Although they were slow to rollout (I didn't see a marked bottle until around February 7th or so), the iTunes Pepsi bottles are now everywhere. Just about every single 20oz Pepsi bottle I have seen, either from a machine or in those cooler cases at near the checkout of Wal-Mart, Target, and Supermarkets are stocked with the iTunes-branded Pepsis. Not only that, but the nice thing about the checkout case ones is that you can pick up a few of them and look through the bottle to the underside of the cap to see if it's a winner. A buck for a pepsi AND a song isn't a bad deal.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by atomicham

Pepsi isn't paying $100 Million for those songs.

Yes, they are, they are paying full price, 99cents each. They only expect 1/3 to be redeemed, however, so they have budgeted 33 million for that aspect of the promotion.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

Yes, they are, they are paying full price, 99cents each. They only expect 1/3 to be redeemed, however, so they have budgeted 33 million for that aspect of the promotion.

Anybody else reminded of the Krusty Burger 1984 Olympics promotion? At least Krusty can't spit in every 50th Pepsi bottle...
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by Auream

I stand corrected. I could have sworn Apple was kicking in the songs...

What the hell is Apple doing for this then? They got a sweet deal from Pepsi.

"Hey Apple, we're going to promote you and buy your product. Okay?"

"I guess, sure."
  • Reply 26 of 29
    8)
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Apple has a gimmicky product that Pepsi is giving away as an incentive to move soda. That's it. That's the "deal." There is no mystery here and it's EXACTLY why (as others have mentioned) Apple is barely mentioned in the Pepsi commercial (you realize the iTunes spot was only one of FIVE Pepsi ran during the Super Bowl).
  • Reply 28 of 29
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Who laid out the $ for the commercials and the actual songs? Certainly not Apple, they are just the vehicle moving the songs. Pepsi paid for the commercials and will pay for the songs, when all is done at the end of the promotion.

Chill! It gets Apple into more people eyes, ears and brains, and that's a good thing.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by oldmacfan

Ok, but you just contradicted yourself.

I like you...