You can totally tell if the bottle is a winner...

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 57
    kanekane Posts: 392member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I don't know about you guys, but I get around the bottle cap thing by stealing music.

That's just me.

You... You... You dirty, dirty scoundrel!!
  • Reply 42 of 57
    <- Click Me.
  • Reply 43 of 57
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    I love it when people figure out things like this.

It's nasty but not cheating.

Gotta try this the next time a soda manufacturer has a competition going on here in Europe.

On another note, I wonder how many people notice their wins? If you gained access to a store's bottle recycling backroom, would it be worth it to rummage through the caps and check them for wins?
  • Reply 44 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Well, at least a few Mountain Dews have slipped through, apparently.

And only $27.45!

But the bottles have been opened. It would be all to easy to switch caps from a Pepsi bottle. \
  • Reply 45 of 57
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I got two at work today. My boss kept asking me what I was doing, then when I explained it, he asked what the hell my problem was.
  • Reply 46 of 57
    OMG!!!

I am reading this as I am watching the screen savers on tech TV and there showing the same cheat. AmaZing!!!

CraZy Coincidence
  • Reply 47 of 57
    I saw the end of The Screen Savers today but not that part.. that's crazy.. Pepsi sure made a little mistake.. now your chances of winning are 1... in 1.. soon it's just going to be the loser ones on the shelves
  • Reply 48 of 57
    We had them at Best Buy, but we no longer sell the iTune series. Are they pulling them off the shelves?
  • Reply 49 of 57
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I went to the Nets game tonight and they had the iTunes bottles. The problem is that they take the caps. On both bottles I got I made the vendor show me the caps, but they both weren't winners. Think of all those caps that aren't being redeemed at sporting events.
  • Reply 50 of 57
    hehehe anyone ever think we're going overboard with this?
  • Reply 51 of 57
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nwhysee

Yeah, isn't it great?
  • Reply 52 of 57
    Quote:

No... but I did slap the cap out of some kids hand and ran off with it.

It wasn't a winner though.
  • Reply 53 of 57
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

LADIES AND GENTELMEn, Johnny Cash:

"...well, I shot a man in Reno just for a bottle cap..."
  • Reply 54 of 57
    Quote:

Originally posted by chych

You know, instead of buying a pepsi, you could go and just buy the song and save 200 calories from your beer belly.

That's why I like this giveaway. I don't drink a lot of soda, but I prefer pepsi to coke for casual drinking(I prefer coke with food) so, I might have 2-4 pepsis a week normally, now this just adds a little nicety every so often to sweeten the deal. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy one though.
  • Reply 55 of 57
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I bought a couple of bottles, finally. I tried the "cheat" in the store and decided that in order to do it with any precision, you have to pass yourself off as a retard. I bought 4 bottles, and ended up getting 1 free song. Pepsi wins!

They are refrigerated, so you have to constantly wipe the condensation from the bottle. You have to get the orientation just right. People *will* be watching you. Not worth the time and effort. Cans are cheaper anyway.

Also, the Pepsi I got tasted odd. I used to prefer Pepsi, but Coke stays fizzier longer, so whatever.
  • Reply 56 of 57
    Well, there's now a story on this at CNN.com:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/interne...ion/index.html
  • Reply 57 of 57
    double post