Has Apple ever advertised for OSX ?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Apple should at least advertise this:

Study: Safest OS isn't Windows--or Linux

Quote: "According to the study, the most secure OS turned out to be BSD (Berkley Software Distribution) and Mac OS X. mi2g said its study focused on "overt digital attacks" and did not include other methods of intrusion such as viruses and worms."

That must have been painful for ZDNet to print.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I agree, but on those same lines the hardware commercials don't show even a glimpse of OS X running on it.

I agree in turn. The "whole widget" includes the stuff that's running on the hardware. I like the idea of it being one whole thing, a complete user experience, but you have to include the as part of the sale.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    The magic of Apple is the result of both hardware and software. It doesn't make sense to split the two, but Apple should show some aspects of OS-X while advertising their hardware.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

The magic of Apple is the result of both hardware and software. It doesn't make sense to split the two, but Apple should show some aspects of OS-X while advertising their hardware.

Like you said, Apple should do some effort to advertise OS X. But is one doesn't want to split the "user experience" then Apple should do a set of ads, each featuring a section of the "user experience", yet link them all up together. Expensive to do on TV I guess, but possible and equally probable... m.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    You guys got a point, I was shopping with a friend one time and her main excuse was that macs are ugly. She said that they dont have the little shiny buttons and look pretty like windows XP. I really thought she was joking but she was serious. OSX needs to be advertised to the world if even for only like a week. \
  • Reply 26 of 26
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    There have been advertisements in magazines. Nothing on television.

Cheers

Scott