Cubs win the World Series!!!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Thats right boys and girls, it's all over. We got Maddux. Anyone who thought they could compete with the Cubs this year is dead wrong. What? Whats that you say about a Yankees "super team"? Pfft...the Yanks have nothing on the Cubs. So everyone run to Vegas and place your bets, cause it's all over before it begins.



GO CUBBIES!!!
«1

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 24
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    What are you talking about? This is the Mets' year!!!



    No one can stop Piazza, Floyd, Reyes, Matsui, Phillips, Trachsel and everyone else. Oh wait, most of the rotation is old, washed up guys and the bullpen sucks. Nevermind.



    haha
  • Reply 2 of 24
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,261member
    EmAn still has his baseball radar turned on.



    heh heh
  • Reply 3 of 24
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Of course I do.



  • Reply 4 of 24
    Quote:

    Originally posted by tonton

    As soon as Maddux starts winnig games the Cubs will just trade him off again. They never should have let him go. But the Cubs have an uncanny ability to trade the best players just before those players start kicking A.



    They never traded Maddux.
  • Reply 5 of 24
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by EmAn

    What are you talking about? This is the Mets' year!!!



    No one can stop Piazza, Floyd, Reyes, Matsui, Phillips, Trachsel and everyone else. Oh wait, most of the rotation is old, washed up guys and the bullpen sucks. Nevermind.



    haha




    Don't be so dismissive. We're going to put a good team out on the field this year. Sure we're not going to be in the playoffs, but I would say that 80+ wins is not unrealistic.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    08 is the year 100th aniversery



    sorry for the dig, go cubs
  • Reply 7 of 24
    maddox is old and barely a #4 starter now. if he was on the astros he would be either #5 or wouldnt even be playing...

    wtg...

    just a waste of money.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by DMBand0026

    Thats right boys and girls, it's all over. We got Maddux. Anyone who thought they could compete with the Cubs this year is dead wrong. What? Whats that you say about a Yankees "super team"? Pfft...the Yanks have nothing on the Cubs. So everyone run to Vegas and place your bets, cause it's all over before it begins.



    GO CUBBIES!!!




    Now I'm absolutely convinced that you're doing some hard core drugs. Between your support of GWB and your insane ramblings about the Cubbies fielding a contender, you've got to be. That or crazy.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by HOM

    Don't be so dismissive. We're going to put a good team out on the field this year. Sure we're not going to be in the playoffs, but I would say that 80+ wins is not unrealistic.



    Oh yeah, definitely. I was just joking around. I'm really looking forward to watching this team this year. I went to 25 games last year and they were horrible, just imagaine how many I'll go to this season.



    I can't wwait to watch Matsui, Reyes and Cameron. It's been a while since we've had defense that good up the middle. The one thing I'm worried about is Braden Looper, and whether he can handle the pressure of NY.
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Quote:

    Originally posted by _ alliance _

    maddox is old and barely a #4 starter now. if he was on the astros he would be either #5 or wouldnt even be playing...

    wtg...

    just a waste of money.




    I agree about his value as a pitcher, if he gets 14 wins I'd be amazed. However his real value will be in being around Kerry Wood & Carlos Zambrano.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    ...I may love the Cubbies but GO DODGERS!
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:

    Originally posted by /mandolux/

    ...I may love the Cubbies but GO DODGERS!





    ugh...

    duck the fodgers. almost as responsible for the destruction of baseball as the rangers and yankees...

    at least they are starting to right the ship.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    Quote:

    Originally posted by torifile

    Now I'm absolutely convinced that you're doing some hard core drugs. Between your support of GWB and your insane ramblings about the Cubbies fielding a contender, you've got to be. That or crazy.



    Oh ye of little faith.

    Drugs, no way.

    Crazy, no doubt.



    Sorry for being a Republican though. Oh, wait, no I'm not.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    There was this heavy guy on Leno the other night who's on some Tv show (don't know which) and he had a plastic souvenir Cubs cup that he'd gotten at a game. What was the inspirational image on the cup? An illustration of a Cub missing a ball and letting it go over the fence!







    Maddux was revered here in Atlanta, an all-around good guy from all reports. Family man, regular person. Hope he gives you guys some pep, but you know....there are what, thirteen or ten or eleven years left in that curse aren't there??! hehehehe
  • Reply 15 of 24
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Wood, Prior, Zambrano, Maddux, Clement? Which one are they going to trade for more offense in July?



    I can't believe they're paying him EIGHT million a year for 3 years. He's a 6M a year (for 2 years) guy these days. I'm amazed the Cubs front office is this willing to piss away their money to overload their pitching rotation.



    I say the curse lives on.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Offense they have plenty of. Sosa, Lee, Grudzilanic (I have no idea how to spell that guy's name) Aramas Ramarez, Alou, Patterson. All of those guys have the potential to be .300 hitters and a few can really smash the ball when it counts. The Cubs have it all.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by DMBand0026

    Offense they have plenty of. Sosa, Lee, Grudzilanic (I have no idea how to spell that guy's name) Aramas Ramarez, Alou, Patterson. All of those guys have the potential to be .300 hitters and a few can really smash the ball when it counts. The Cubs have it all.



    Lofton, Jeter, Giambi, A-Rod, Sheffield, Posada, Williams, Matsui, Wilson (??) ... That's what I call plenty of offense. The Red Sox have plenty of offense.



    Derrick Lee, Moises Alou, Aramis Ramirez are decent, but I have a feeling the Cubs are going to be quite happy with having just 4 all-star caliber pitchers in the rotation in exchange for one more heavy hitter. Anybody's contract up this year?
  • Reply 18 of 24
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by DMBand0026

    [B]Thats right boys and girls, it's all over. We got Maddux. Anyone who thought they could compete with the Cubs this year is dead wrong.



    Ah there's no delusion like Wrigley Delusion, is there?



    Too bad Maddux was in his prime five years ago. He isn't nearly the pitcher he used to be. This is sort of like the Cubs picking up Rod Beck two years ago... also five or more years past his prime. Maddux will get shelled in Wrigley. Mark my words.



  • Reply 19 of 24
    Oh man are all your faces gonna be red come October. Just you wait and see. It's our year!
  • Reply 20 of 24
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by DMBand0026

    Oh man are all your faces gonna be red come October. Just you wait and see. It's our year!



    Nope, last year was your year.



    Do the Bartman!
Sign In or Register to comment.