Mrs. Bush on Gay Marriages ...

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 106
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

In 65 posts in 3 threads on gay marriage, he's said remarkably little.

I don't know about "little," I think he's said a lot but nothing you want to hear. That of course is the MO of both sides of this and most arguments here in AO.

We've all said the same things in 3 threads now, just going around in circles, aren't we? So considering that we all know one another's positions by now, and no one plans to find find any common ground, listen, or bring anything new to the argument, do we want to continue on this merry-go-round or do we get off this ride at the point?
  • Reply 102 of 106
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

We've all said the same things in 3 threads now, just going around in circles, aren't we? So considering that we all know one another's positions by now, and no one plans to find find any common ground, listen, or bring anything new to the argument, do we want to continue on this merry-go-round or do we get off this ride at the point?

I've actually gotten nick to say some things he was either avoiding saying or I missed it and I think it narrows his argument down really well. The Mass. Court thinks it's unconstitutional to have different types of unions that aren't available to all people. Nick specifically wants that.

Now I'm trying to figure out how he can want that for a state when it's unconstitutional, and is probably unconstitutional at the Federal level for the same reasons as well.

I think it's quite a good argument really. Prior to this thread I couldn't get him to nail down his opinion so explicitly.
  • Reply 103 of 106
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I don't know about "little," I think he's said a lot but nothing you want to hear. That of course is the MO of both sides of this and most arguments here in AO.

"Everybody's wrong*

\
  • Reply 104 of 106
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It's just that *some* here can't agree to disagree and just respect someone else's differing opinion.
  • Reply 105 of 106
    Here's a humorous look at the "Terrifying Gay Agenda!"

http://www.salon.com/opinion/fiore/2...da/index1.html
  • Reply 106 of 106
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

It's just that *some* here can't agree to disagree and just respect someone else's differing opinion.

Personally, I can't respect a position that is openly against the Constitution. That's just wrong. If there's a simple law, that's fine. But the Constitution? No way.