How many free songs are ours?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by Studio896

Pepsi sucks... I'd rather pay the buck for the song.

Ok, next. And shut up.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    I'm about 6 for 7 right now. The first one I bought, I bought without checking under the cap first. I don't think looking under the cap is cheating. Yes, you're really supposed to buy the drink and unscrew the cap to find out if you won, but if you can see the letters just by tilting the bottle and not by using any elaborate means involving mirrors, lasers, smoke grenades, etc., I don't think there's much wrong with that. No 7-Eleven employee has ever stopped me from being selective about the bottles I bring up to the counter. The more winners I can pull out of the case in one visit, the more money I spend.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    keshkesh Posts: 621member
    5 for 7, so far. Finally started seeing some trickle into the area. And only cheated once.
  • Reply 24 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

why not?

As othello pointed out - I live outside of the USA.

I know there are ways around it but the effort is just too much.

I buy the CD's anyway - I like completeness when purchasing music.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    mlnjrmlnjr Posts: 230member
    I'm with you on the album thing, jwri004 and I know there's only so much you can do because you're not in the US, but it's still possible to download the tracks from one album of your choice one track at a time, and not pay for any of those tracks if you're using the Pepsi codes.
  • Reply 26 of 40
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mlnjr

I'm with you on the album thing, jwri004 and I know there's only so much you can do because you're not in the US, but it's still possible to download the tracks from one album of your choice one track at a time, and not pay for any of those tracks if you're using the Pepsi codes.

That's what I plan to do
  • Reply 27 of 40
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    9-11

some with cheating, some without
  • Reply 28 of 40
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    1 for 1. Too bad I only buy complete albums (I hate having incomplete ones - one reason I rarely download music). I'll have to wait until I win 10 more before they'll be useful to me....
  • Reply 29 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

9-11

some with cheating, some without

Is that 9 and 11 (as in 45%) or is that 9 for 11 (as in 81%)?
  • Reply 30 of 40
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    Chalk up one more winner and my first loser. Looks like I've found the only bodega in NYC to actually have the iBottles.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    1 for 1 (%100) so far, no cheating. What's this cup thing at 711 I'm hearing about?
  • Reply 32 of 40
    2 for 2. No cheating, either. I've tried, but the bottle fogs up before I can see whether I've won. Not too bad for just chance.
  • Reply 33 of 40
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    1 for 1.
  • Reply 34 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

1 for 1. Too bad I only buy complete albums (I hate having incomplete ones - one reason I rarely download music). I'll have to wait until I win 10 more before they'll be useful to me....

last week i bought a alan price for 9.99 because i could not use my credits as i only had 11 credits and there were 13 tracks.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

last week i bought a alan price for 9.99 because i could not use my credits as i only had 11 credits and there were 13 tracks.

Kinda stupid, isn't it?
  • Reply 36 of 40
    Quote:

Originally posted by torifile

Kinda stupid, isn't it?

it's their ballgame.
  • Reply 37 of 40
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I'm 19 for about 26. I only cheated in probably about 8 of them. I work in a pizza place that has them in the cooler, we have a separate bin in there for returnable bottles so I check it for yellow caps when I close (got about 4 that way) and everybody I work with gives them to me if they win because either they don't have a computer with internet access or because they saw me cheating and figured if I was that eccentric about anything related to Apple I would want the song more. I tried to explain the concept of the iTMS and songs in Pepsi caps to one girl I work with and she thought it was weird and not her 'thing'. The cool thing is that I was working when the seniors from the high school come in for lunch (we have off campus lunch for seniors here) and I heard a couple kids talking about how cool it is that their Pepsi could be worth 99¢ on the iTMS, and I know they aren't Mac geeks either (in a school system this small you learn who is and who isn't pretty fast).
  • Reply 38 of 40
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Do you get more for the 20 oz bottles? I have one of those. Also, I'm 2/3, no cheating.
  • Reply 39 of 40
    i was at my usual market today, and the pepsi guy was filling the cooler with all blue caps (non iTunes contest) so i bought the 4 DP'S that were left.

later i was at walgreens and just the regular pepsi's had the yellow caps, all the diets were blue.

THE WELL IS RUNNING DRY!
  • Reply 40 of 40
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    4-for-4 (would be atleast 28 out of 30 if MT. DEW was involved )