Are there still Mac haters out there?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The buzz about PC users who hate Macs has seemed to die down...Are they still out there??

I've been using PC's since about 1990 and they suck.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 41
    cosmocosmo Posts: 662member
    I suppose it has died down a bit.

but...

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/...562&f=48409524
  • Reply 2 of 41
    Of course there are.

On my first Google search I already got several links to people bashing Apple and Macs. Most of them are using outdated, ill-informed rants, but there are certainly plenty of them out there.
  • Reply 3 of 41
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Sure there are. I'm friends with one. (Well, its more like a friendly rivalry) We'll just find out which is best at our next LAN game with my Dual 2Ghz G5 and his puny 2.8? Ghz Athalon on UT2K4.

I'm ready fo' you sukka!

Unfortunately he will still challenge me with a game of Counter-Strike followed by "oh wait, you can't run games like that." Come on Valve! Port HL2 for Mac!
  • Reply 4 of 41
    It's sad, now, on top of the regular haters, there are also general other-wise wouldn't care type suddenly hating apple simply because the iPod and iTMS is so successful.
  • Reply 5 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Sure there are. I'm friends with one. (Well, its more like a friendly rivalry) We'll just find out which is best at our next LAN game with my Dual 2Ghz G5 and his puny 2.8? Ghz Athalon on UT2K4.

I'm ready fo' you sukka!

Unfortunately he will still challenge me with a game of Counter-Strike followed by "oh wait, you can't run games like that." Come on Valve! Port HL2 for Mac!

And then say...you spent $3000 to get the same performance as I have on my $800 box. \
  • Reply 6 of 41
    Mac haters, eh? Read the Yahoo Finance message boards for AAPL. You can find a bunch of brats in there.
  • Reply 7 of 41
    The Mac hate is alive and well, example:

MaximumPC shows you how to... BUILD THE PERFECT PC

Right on the 26 page they say in reference to these (ugly) mini-systems:

Before... "If you wanted a computer that was slim, stylish, and portable, you pretty much had to buy a Mac (shudder)."

So it's still out there...

Was considering building a PC, but after reading that magazine, realized I have more fun things to do with my time.

Plus building a "serious" (edit) gaming PC is NOT cheap, the chip alone is $800, even then the magazine doesn't recommend going dual processors because of the price/headache involved.

So one can build a cheap PC cheap, but not a awesome PC cheap. I'm worth $25 a hour, I rather spend that time making money, that throwing it away trying to save a few bucks.

I got a Dual 2 Ghz G5 and a 23" Cinema, I won't have to buy another thing or have a headache for a long, long time.
  • Reply 8 of 41
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    As long as the Earth still exist there will still be Mac haters.
  • Reply 9 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sailfish

Plus building a gaming PC is NOT cheap

Bologna, My brother's gaming PC cost him a total of $1200(The computer itself was $700, then about 4 months after he built it, the monitor broke* so most of that was the nice 19" monitor he got) It still runs all the latest games and it's 6 months old.

*the monitor was about 4 years old and was damn cheap to begin with
  • Reply 10 of 41
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    $1200 *is* cheap for a gaming rig.

2k$ is about the norm for a top of the line, and 3k$ isn't totally unheard of.
  • Reply 11 of 41
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Gates and Dell still own stock in Haterade. Anti-Mac venom is profitable. \

Overall, I think it has become better for us since M$FT got more public with Office and buying VPC. Yea, like we needed THEIR blessing. I am still steaming at MDell about that "sell the company and pay off the shareholders" thing.
  • Reply 12 of 41
    Yes I meant to say: "Plus building a serious gaming PC is NOT cheap"

Thanks guys.
  • Reply 13 of 41
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

The buzz about PC users who hate Macs has seemed to die down...Are they still out there??

I've been using PC's since about 1990 and they suck.

They exist to this day, and they are calles amoung other things, windows i.t. guys (and windows geeks as a whole, with few exeptions) these people say that ipods are crap compaird to a diskman (no joke) and these same people say 'Dont go mac, only hippys and artsy-fartsy types use mac stuff' - imagine it is the 1920's, windows IT guys are the horse and buggy salesmen and apple guys are Ford dealers
  • Reply 14 of 41
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Sure there are...but just as there are life long PC haters.

However, I do believe the hatred has lessened considerably in the last few years. With the relative success of OSX and Powerbooks, retail stores, iPod and iTMS, Apple has earned the respect of many PC users.

They won't switch (just as we won't go PC), but they'll acknowledge how cool the iPod or iMac looks.
  • Reply 15 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sailfish

Yes I meant to say: "Plus building a serious gaming PC is NOT cheap"

Thanks guys.

bah, my bros computer plays all the latest games, once it finally chokes on something, he'll buy a radeon 9800 pro xt super poop or whatever and he'll be fine again, total cost would still be under $2000

for the record, he uses his iBook now most of the time(even for some gaming!)
  • Reply 16 of 41
    So... Are there still PC haters out there?

I'm firmly in the middle myself - I have a Mac laptop, and a PC desktop. I know a couple of people who won't go Mac, but they have reasons (Well, they've never tried a Mac anyhow... I'll convert them soon). Other people I know view Macs as too expensive, others just haven't gotten around to buying one yet, or are too into their gaming to go Mac.
  • Reply 17 of 41
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    A lot of Mac bashers have transferred their disdain tothe iPod.
  • Reply 18 of 41
    iPod haters hate it simply because it's popular, and they want one.
  • Reply 19 of 41
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

iPod haters hate it simply because it's popular, and they want one.

So true.
  • Reply 20 of 41
    yes. yes there are.

they run around in labs saying things like i didn't know macs could do calculations. i thought they were just good for making pretty pictures.

but what are you going to get wheen you have fvck-tards from physiology/pathology doing biophysics?