My Rant About All Things Fake and Artificial

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

What are your thoughts? Are any in agreement with my views here? Do you despise fake and artificial foods?

What products do you find repulsive? Example: Spam, Twinkies..

What foods / nutrition do you find attractive and beneficial?

Fellowship

I only buy organic meat because:

-it tastes like meat should taste

-the animals are by and large treated with some manners

-the meat isn't full of growth hormones and antibiotics.

I don't eat a whole lot of meat but when I do I try and make sure it's good meat. Organic milk too, because factory diaries are really awful places.

I try to buy only organic vegetables but I'm not made of money.

I drink loads of green teas. My favourite's an organic tea (of course) from Korea. Yum. I also drink a lot of rooibos, a tea from a South African bush. There's no caffeine in it and it supposed to be a good anti-oxidant. It's totally addictive.

It's good to get into your food and it's always worthwhile taking your time, I think.

I had fish and chips in a pub in West London tonight. Delicious.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

I had fish and chips in a pub in West London tonight. Delicious.

With the skin left on or not? I was quite surprised by a non-skinless fish in my most recent English fish supper: is this common ?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

With the skin left on or not? I was quite surprised by a non-skinless fish in my most recent English fish supper: is this common ?

No, it was battered but skinless if I remember right.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    ganondorfganondorf Posts: 573member
    I love artificial foods packed with exhorbant amounts of energy packaged in harmful forms to the human body, and consume as much of said foods as possible.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ganondorf

I love artificial foods packed with exhorbant amounts of energy packaged in harmful forms to the human body, and consume as much of said foods as possible.

There was always a group of guys who would pound donuts before track races. The same ones that did it at cross-country races usually puked it up, but some of them were quite fast. My secret? three shots of corn syrup and a cup of turkish coffee one hour prior to race time.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    High Fructose Corn Syrup is the devil.

Article from Men's Health.

There is acutally a Dr. Pepper bottler here in Texas that uses REAL white cane sugar, rather than HFCS. Tastes a lot better.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    fish and chips ... mmmh. after so long time living in uk, i finally had some last week. in largs, west of glasgow .. not bad at all. but they'd jsut block my stomach if i ate them often or a full portion etc.

mmh, scottish ice cream .. tasted like a creamy ice cream should. i guess the orkney is not full of concervatives.