Ipod= battery problem fixed

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    connerconner Posts: 22member
    well, I'll toss in my comment that my first generation iPod is 26 months old and has no problem with the battery. Last I checked it played for nearly 10 hours on a charge (playing a playlist straight thru, no skipping around).

And I would agree, there should be a number of posts you have before starting a thread, heh (:

this thread seems out of place... hmmmm.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    quagmirequagmire Posts: 558member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Conner

well, I'll toss in my comment that my first generation iPod is 26 months old and has no problem with the battery. Last I checked it played for nearly 10 hours on a charge (playing a playlist straight thru, no skipping around).

And I would agree, there should be a number of posts you have before starting a thread, heh (:

this thread seems out of place... hmmmm.

That will include you as well since you have 26 posts.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    jubelumjubelum Posts: 4,490member
    Quote:

Originally posted by quagmire

Im fourteen thank you very much. And i meant around 6-7 yaer old kids who just began to use it. Your spelling out for us That you are a dickhead and won't give up intill you've won.

Um.. won what?

Oh yea, your cute little teenage conspiracy theory that anyone that disagrees with you is Anti-Apple, anti-Steve, and Anti-(fill in the blank) and trying to destroy Western Civilization.

Also, watch your language. Read the posting guidelines. If there is some confusion, go ask your parents what "family friendly" means.

From posting guidelines:

It is expected that the membership can conduct themselves with enough maturity to avoid such idiocy... Excessive, unnecessary use of profanity (again, at the moderators' discretion) is not welcome.

8)
  • Reply 24 of 24
    *sigh* This thread was in a doomed spiral since it started. It's earned itself a hearty lock, now, after the personal attacks.

quagmire: You've fallen for the smear campaign, hook, line, and sinker. That's a shame. iPod batteries do not always just die after 18 months. I suggest you read these threads:

iPod Propaganda

iPod 18 Month Battery life: Myth or Not?

The iPod smear campaign is working

Apple has a battery replacement program; I also suggest you read Apple's iPod support page for information. I have not seen a single report of iPods that Apple refused to replace.

In the future, don't make up statistics on the spot. If numbers you have are real but sound as outrageous as the ones posted above, at least back them up with sources or links to other sites where you got the information. The members here chastised you from the start because the first post sounded so ill-informed. Also, your post was clearly in the wrong forum. It had nothing to do with "future hardware" and our front page clearly says that iPod discussions belong in the Digital Hub forum. Granted, that wasn't the best behavior on their part, but I can understand their frustration and jeering attitude.

Try not to let this thread discourage you, though. Please do feel free to post any additional questions about the iPod or any other Apple products around AppleInsider.